The Creation Museum

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by OutThere, May 24, 2007.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Full Article

Damn, this sounds scary as hell...total BS about Adam and Eve and dinosaurs living together and there being dinosaurs on the Moses' ark, presented as fact.

Here's a little snippit:

That bit about the chameleons is absolutely frightening. How can straight up misinformation like this be taking place......

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

and here i thought the story of adam and eve was just symbolism.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

What a waste of money...it could have gone to a more reasonable cause like the 'Mac Pro for Psychofreak fund' (PM me if you're interested in contributing)

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Full Article

There. Fixed it for ya, OutThere.

How anybody over the age of 6 can not realize that Genesis is a fairy tale is beyond me.

Maybe instead of railing against this stupid museum, we should put it into its proper context. Can we find a donor to open a Star Trek museum on one side of this place, and Santa's Workshop on the other? We'll hire curators who will insist that they're real too.

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Its more likely that the 'storylines' of Star Trek are happening in galaxies far away than the stories in Genesis are real for this Earth :)

6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Pay 27 million and I'll tell you whatever you want.

7. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Gee with all the money they plan to bring in, maybe they'll start a university.

8. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I heard they even have a planitarium that "disproves" the big bang. L-O-freakin'-L.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Actually, it's Babylonian.

Ba-dump bump.

10. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

that would be a fantastic idea.
    if i was a millionaire i would do just that.

11. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I always found it amusing that the fundamentalists that are dead set on believing Genesis as a verbatum report on the day to day process of creation are consistently short on details about the incestuous relationships that by definition had to exist if the entire human race descended from two people. I want to know who supposedly slept with whom and which branch of the family turned oriental, which one turned white, etc. What magical moment did incest change from being a necessity to being a sin?

12. Queso macrumors G4

Oh that is just fantastic. Can they franchise it to Britain? Please? :D

13. bartelby macrumors Core

Maybe they can set up next door the the Scientology HQ in London!

14. Queso macrumors G4

And offer passers-by free sin tests to entice them in :D

15. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

A little more local article

First of all I thought that said Paula Abdul, then was dissapointed when i read it again. Second, that guy is a total newb.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I was going to stay away from this, but that place is messed up. I looked at the photo tour- simply frightening.

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Whoever she is, she came from Toledo, not animals. I'm not so sure there's a real big difference.

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It never became a sin.

19. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

it's all complete crap but I did want to comment on the chameleon part. I had jackson's chameleons and when they got pissed off they turned a dark shade, almost black and glared you down with their strange independetly moving eyes. The chameleon's mood does show in their colouring, however their reasoning for it and claiming it's not a survival thing is absurd.

20. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Creationism threads are no place for interesting nature facts iBlue :mad:

21. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Who needs hard science when fairy tales will do? Its all about control, Its hard to tell who is worse our own federal govt or the churches. Both want the peoples minds & $$$ and both will lie their butts off to get it. Im starting to think we are a product of de-evolution.

22. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

if ppl want to be ignorant, there is greatest freedom to do so in the Greatest country of the world, unfortunately, when large population going that way, so does the country as a whole, too bad human natural is to be easy rather than accepting the hard truth.

23. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

We used to have a beautiful Madagascan chameleon along with various other reptiles. There was a Green iguana, a Tokay gecko, a Sudan plated lizard, the chameleon and a common garter snake all in the same shed at one point! Most of the time we saw the chameleon he was BLACK with rage defending his branch. :eek: :p

They are amazing creatures. It was great watching him home in on a locust or cricket with those freaky eyes. They'd line up and focus together and he'd moved back and forth, side to side getting his aim ready to strike. And the little grippy feet pads! Ouch! They hurt! :p

It's so saddening to see this "museum" teaching the future generations things that are so blatantly wrong. The true beauty of nature and science behind it being taught in this way .... *sigh* :( Where do you start?

24. -::ubermann::- macrumors regular

a museum? for creation?

thats why churches are built why a museum?