The creepiest/deadliest/most exotic animal/bug you've ever been bitten/stung by?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sehnsucht, May 16, 2009.

1. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

Just curious to see everyone's experiences as far as deadly creatures go. If you've ever stepped on a stonefish, been stung by a tarantula hawk wasp, or something equally chill-inducing, I'd like to hear about it. :D

I live in a pretty "boring" area as far as the wildlife goes...there are poisonous snakes in the area but I haven't seen one in nearly 3 years. About a year ago, I did get chomped by one of these:

[​IMG]

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Girlfriends - one of the most deadly biting/tickling/nibbling things in existence :D
    Other than that - jellyfish on many occassions.

[​IMG]

3. Green Footballs macrumors newbie

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

quite a few
    [​IMG]

these guys were the worst. dang fire ants
    [​IMG]

this guy got me right under my eye
    [​IMG]

this was because of my stupidity
    [​IMG]

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

[​IMG]
    In a playful way. Never been bitten or stung by anything. Guess I'm just careful or bugs really dislike me :p

6. CortexRock macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

I was bitten by one of these beasties on the upper right arm at the age of 8, following a tour 'round the animal enclosures after a night at the big top.

My little bro stroked it on the nose, my dad stroked it on the nose, I tried to and it decided to take a lump out of me :eek:

7. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Danger Danger!! EEK

I must live a pretty boring life... I've never even been stung by a bee. Although I have been "attacked" by a trigger fish, it didn't do much other than yell at me and tell me to get off its lawn.

9. Eanair macrumors 6502

Eanair

I came home one night, thought I saw something scurrying on the ceiling, and then felt something crawling on my back. I flipped on the lights, ran to a mirror, and saw that thing crawling about on me. It must have dropped from the ceiling...

Suffice to say, I freaked out, and spent the next 10 minutes running after it with a broom - but it was too fast to swat that way. I ended up getting a spray bottle of bleach-free Clorox and sprayed the heck out of it until it died.

Apparently, it's very beneficial to the house. It eats roaches, bees/wasps, ants, termites, and other usual household pets - so some people recommend keeping them around to prevent any infestations of those unpleasant bugs.

Sorry though, not me. Hurts like a bee sting if you cross it the wrong way.

Plus, it looks a bit like a discolored eyebrow running about on my floors...

10. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Oh! I take back what I said then. I've been bit by one of these guys (only once)

[​IMG]

12. Saikou macrumors 6502

Saikou

I remember my cousin used to live in some old house with bug problems... One night she left a half empty pop can on the floor in the basement for a while and when she came back, I saw her take a drink of it and instantly spat it out everywhere because about 15~20 of these little critters got in it.

[​IMG]

pretty sick :eek:

13. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Haha, okay just get a picture of a mad bearded dragon showing its' "Beard" lol. They're normally gentle though, I have chilled with my friends' once and did a lot of research on it, I wasn't allowed to get one though :(

14. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I used to have two. They definitely were the easiest pets I've ever had. I only got bit once, because I was being an idiot (first day I had Spike, the first lizard).

15. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Yeah same with my leopard gecko, I was holding it even though I knew I was supposed to let it get settled in for about 2-3 weeks before handling :p

16. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

17. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Burn the house down.

19. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Snorkel diving in shallow water in Mexico, I was looking down to avoid all the sea urchins and looked up to see a swarm of jellyfish. One stung my shoulder and I felt it all the way down to my thumb for weeks.

When I was a kid, I turned a rock over in the woods and a swarm of bees came charging out. I ran to my bike and they were hovering over the seat waiting for me. The jellyfish was more exotic but the bee stings were really more dangerous.

Attached Files:

20. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

A Mosquito. I tend to stay away from anything that can harm me.

Never been bitten by a bee :)

21. hatehereyes macrumors 6502a

hatehereyes

22. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm