The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance is now on Netflix

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Two episodes in. I hope they explain something that conflicts with the canon from the original.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Haven't had the time yet, and I want to watch the movie again first, just so I can notice all the small hints to it. REAAAAALLY looking forward to it - The trailers blew me away!

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Yes it is a prequel to the original movie, which I had to google.

Finished it... Not to bad...

What item were you saying conflicts with canon? @samcraig
I found the prologue misleading. It makes it sound like the skeksis came down- but that's not the case. It was the UrSkeks. And I had thought they split when the crystal cracked. But the prologue makes it sound like Augra let them (skeskis) guard the crystal before it cracked. Did I miss something?

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I found the prologue misleading. It makes it sound like the skeksis came down- but that's not the case. It was the UrSkeks. And I had thought they split when the crystal cracked. But the prologue makes it sound like Augra let them (skeskis) guard the crystal before it cracked. Did I miss something?
You know what... that is a good question, I didn't pick up on that until you mentioned it. I don't think you missed anything.

Reactions: samcraig

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I don't remember, but was there a prologue to the movie? I will have to go back and really pay attention to the opening prologue.

I haven't seen the movie, heck five or so plus years.
No - I meant the prologue in episode one of the series.