The Dark Side video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by evilrt, Sep 22, 2013.

1. user-name-here macrumors 65816

So what you're saying is... people are crazy.

2. SantaRosa2.2 macrumors regular

SantaRosa2.2

Think Different...;)

3. Macinva macrumors 6502

Macinva

The woman in the plastic bag was.... interesting.

Also, the one dude said they'd been there 15 days. 15 days to get the phone on Friday and in all likelihood, I'll have mine on Tuesday or Wednesday and I didn't have to leave the house. I'll take option B. LOL

To each their own, but I don't see how camping outside a store could possibly be fun in any way.

4. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

You find ways to survive.. To stay warm.

I got two 5s grey, one at verizon in BJ's launch day(no one thinks about the verizon in BJ's, well hidden). The other at bestbuy, a early bird early adopter didn't pick up his order so it's mine now, with the so called "loophole" I lucked out that the lady knew what I wanted to do and actually do it.(against so called verizon trained policy)

5. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

6. evilrt thread starter macrumors regular

evilrt

I'm not saying anything. Just thought it was sort of funny. I was one of the "crazies" Friday and I'll be there in 2014.

7. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

It's all for the fun of it, to say you did it, you got the phone before anyone else(general public). I did the samething with the Wii 5am at walmart launch day, even had an Asian family buy like 7 wii's(now that I think about it, they were probably scalpers). And the walmart employee had some moment, he had counted me as person number 19 then like he had a derf moment, then he asked me didn't I already receive a number and he promptly said I was number 20, I had to explain him he just said I was number 19. (Yes, it's as weird as the story sounds) and it was freezing cold too.

Good times :)

8. evilrt thread starter macrumors regular

evilrt

we would each take 4-5 hour shifts for a day. then we all showed up right when it was about to drop. we would each buy 2 and sell our extras for a nice profit and do the verizon loophole thing. so for us its worth waiting in line for short clips, making money, and getting free iphones when all is said and done.

9. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

I guess the experience is fun if you have the time.

10. yanki01 macrumors 68030

yanki01

that, if I had no job and nothing to do for a day/night then maybe id do it. but 99% of the other time I will not wait in line for this or anything.

the person in the plastic bag...? how could you breathe, understood it was not totally inclosed but still close enough.

11. smartbot macrumors member

smartbot

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Mine is getting to my house in 13 hours, took me one minute :)

-----
    Plastic bag lady crazyyyy

13. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    What was so dark about that?

I'm not sure what's sadder, people with nowhere else better to be for two weeks, or people who feel they need to make short films making fun of people who seem to be enjoying themselves.

14. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

dark=night time waiting in line I guess + crazy bag lady.

Also those pro sitters seem to be far off the start of the line. I would have paid NOTHING lol.