The darndest thing - Screen saver and album covers are an odd colour

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by capoeirista, Nov 22, 2007.

1. capoeirista macrumors 6502

Hmmm..... So you know if you set you itunes cover art to be a screensaver? Well I have, and today I noticed the strangest thing... When it came on, all the artwork had this odd pink/violet/fuchsia hue. Not when initially only a few appear, but when there's a screen full of them spinning (if you use it you know what I mean). Now I've checked them in itunes (the originals) and they are fine, I've tried checking it out on both the external monitor and laptop screen and both appear wrong. Sleeping the computer, nope. A reset, no joy. Hmm :confused: It's not a problem, it's just very confusing! I'm running 10.4.11 (upgraded this week) maybe this is the problem? It must have been fine up until very recently as I haven't noticed it until today....:confused:

2. slowpoke macrumors regular

slowpoke

I'm getting the same thing on my MBP - Except that it's fine on the main screen and only shows up in kooky colours on my external CRT. Fix please!

3. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

I getting this too on my 24" iMac 2,8 ghz, but not on my PowerBook G4.

Both are running 10.4.11.

And it's only some covers on the iMac, not all, and they go away after a while and new ones don't seem to have this pink hue.

Strange...

4. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

My cover art is also pink in the screensaver only. WTF!

5. fandsw macrumors regular

I have the same issue, this started after the last security update with Leopard. There have been several threads about this.

6. ceebee408 macrumors newbie

Any resolution? I'm having the same problem.

7. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

I've just discovered I have this problem too. Looking through the Apple forum page for this, the issue was fixed in Leopard 10.5.2 update, but Tiger owners like me on 10.4.11 have not yet had the problem resolved. The issue is patchy - some can replicate the problem at certain line configs in the screensaver, some only have it on certain of multi-monitor set-ups, and some have it all the time. The speculation is that it's an ATI driver issue as it also happens in certain games at full screen mode. If anyone has an update, please post it here. I'm on a MBP 2CD 2.16 with 128MB graphics card.

Apple discussions link:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7122377&tstart=0

Thanks