The debate.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by NT1440, Oct 7, 2008.

1. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Ok guys whos watching ?

Who else thinks the rules are complete and utter ****?

I dont care wat the agreement was, we need to hear the actual facts. Whoever answers first is at a sever dissadvantage because the oponent just uses his closing time to twist the truth and theres no chance to to correct him.

(guess whos doing the twisting?)

Im pissed guys.

2. spikespike macrumors member

These debates are a pathetic shadow of the real meaning of "debate". The US should work more like the British House of Commons. Lets have a President thats actually able to get up and talk and parry and use their words intelligently. A debate in that format would be much more interesting, it would be exciting and fun to watch. It would also reveal more about the issues, not allowing the candidate to sit back on their talking points and repeat them ad nauseum.

3. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Once again I'm up at 2am (and I don't even get to vote :( )

This isn't a debate, they should just give them a subject and let them go at it.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You have your hopes set too high. This is political discourse in the USA. Sucks.

These debates won't change anyone's mind. They're fighting for the waning undecided voters.

5. NT1440 thread starter macrumors G4

NT1440

exactly!!!

We need a discussion! not a "debate"

Toms going way overboard with this time limit ****.

6. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

He's really bugging me with his "Time! Time! Time!"

you can't have a debate with only 2 minutes answer and a 1 minute rebuttal.

7. NT1440 thread starter macrumors G4

NT1440

WHO AGREED ON THESE RULES!?

This is important, i dont give a damn about time slots. We deserve to get full answers dammit.

3 minutes..... 3 minutes to get the policies which will determine if the country heads even further down the ********. Un freaking beleive able.

although i have no actual sources, i really beleive it was the maccain camp that pushed the short time limits.

Shouldnt a "town hall" meeting be an open ****ing discussion?

Srry about the swearing, im just pissed off (and a little high)

anyone feel the same?

8. spikespike macrumors member

The campaigns in conjunction with the commission I believe.

9. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Observations so far...

- McCain started out really well, but he's slowly crumbling and becoming more erratic, incoherent and repetitive by the minute. You can measure it by counting the number of times he says "my friends..." per minute. I think he's too old for this.

- I'm watching voters rate the debate in realtime on CNN, and I'm surprised by how many republicans are positive when Obama is talking. I also noticed that independents HATE any mention of alternative fuels. Whenever either candidate mentions alternative fuels, the curve drops to the bottom. Whenever the words "oil" or "drilling" are mentioned, the curve goes through the roof.

- This was McCain's last shot at a game changer, but it's becoming clear that he just doesn't have it in him. Obama is winning this one hands down.

10. NT1440 thread starter macrumors G4

NT1440

why would anyone agree to this?

11. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Both candidates are going way over time on their responses and driving Tom Brokaw crazy.

So far no mention of the mudslinging antics of late...

"America is the greatest force for good in the history of the world". - John McCain.

12. spikespike macrumors member

A strategic effort to maximize their candidates strengths and minimize the possibility for a campaign destroying gaffe.

13. NT1440 thread starter macrumors G4

NT1440

first, good, they should be talking as much as possible.

As for the quote, thats complete **** and ra ra patriotism at its best. Johns answers for everything is americas #1.

Clearly that is not true anymore. at all. No americans arent the worst workers ever, but its a far stretch to say we have the best workforce when we dont really make anything here anymore

14. NT1440 thread starter macrumors G4

NT1440

God im starting to really hate this game. Is there ever going to be a player that doesnt stand for this kinda of crap?

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Just more of the BS that's part of the process. The campaigns negotiate every friggin' detail down to lighting, the types of chairs, how tall the podiums are etc.

16. belvdr macrumors 603

Just because we may be a minority in blue collar work does not reflect, in any way, how great our workforce is.

17. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

In the UK on CNN we are getting "Uncommitted Ohio Voters" chart. Every time McCain mentions Iraq they flat line.

From the charts, it looks like Americans do not have the stomach for military intervention for humanitarian reasons.

18. NT1440 thread starter macrumors G4

NT1440

Ok im not trying to say that americans are lazy or anything like that. I guess my real point is im sick of mccain answering questions by inciting blind patriotism.

Also, what is all this "with honor" crap? How is it honorable to kill people and further continue our mistakes? It seems like all he cares about is the label of victory instead of human life.

19. belvdr macrumors 603

Regarding that last statement, I think the entire government has its head on backward. Obama just talked about killing more people too.

I do agree with McCain that the tacking on these "extras" on all the bills presented is getting ridiculous.

20. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

my connection sux. i cannot even stream audio :eek:

21. belvdr macrumors 603

No TV?

22. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

How many heros does McCain have???

What the hell is he (McCain) on about. Obama never said he would attack Pakistan, he said he would go into Pakistan to go after Al Qaeda

23. belvdr macrumors 603

No idea. I just wish we could elect Frankenstein, and pick and choose parts.

24. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

The timed response system has broken down, and Brokaw has basically given up on it.

Which makes it a little more interesting.

25. NT1440 thread starter macrumors G4

NT1440

yea i think hes just trying to get support from the people that think others should be killed. No man that smart could truly feel good about having to make such statements. If he means it tho, then im afraid ive lost a little respect for him, but his policies are still way better in my opinion than mccains.