The Democrats’ dilemma: Clinton may not be salvageable

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Feb 11, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...crats-dilemma-clinton-may-not-be-salvageable/

Feel the Bernnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

2. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

She's cornered. Gonna see some fireworks at tonight's debate. I hope Bernie is doing some intense prep.

4. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I'm negative toward both Clinton and Sanders. It's not just the security aspect of her emails and the illegality there. Her track record of death in foreign policy was NeoCon warmongering. I really don't like her support of the Wolfowitz Doctrine and the desire for hegemony and war with Russia.

Bernie flunked Remedial 'Rithmetic and apparently is clueless about the reality of Economics 101. He may indeed be a nice guy, but his economic ideas are horrible--particularly for a country that's $19 trillion in the hole. Our deficit spending is already intolerable and he'd make it much worse.

5. Robisan macrumors 6502

Lol! Concern trolling from neocon hack Jennifer Rubin.

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I'm not even a Clinton fan but the litter of threads pilling up in here about how she's doomed is getting oppressive.

Why not wait until we see the results of a few more than two contests, preferably in states where the population is larger, more diverse and not so obsessed, as in Iowa and New Hampshire , with having the power to confound pollsters, journos and candidates alike in the first caucus and first primary election, respectively.

Don't any of you ever glance at those charts that show how winners in IA and NH ended up, or didn't, in the WH?

But since I'm in this thread now... if in fact "something happens" to Clinton's candidacy, it's not reassuring to me to hear people only saying Biden's available. How is Joe Biden more attractive nationally than Bernie in 2016, not to cast aspersions on him as a person.

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It's going to be a yuuuuuuuuuuuuge bernnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    --- Post Merged, Feb 11, 2016 ---
    How else am I supposed to increase my post count? :p

9. Analog Kid macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

Here's my problem:

Sanders is angry about the right things, but he's the wrong person to do anything about it-- he just doesn't have the right policy strategy or the talents to implement it.

Kasich is the right person to implement a policy, unfortunately he's angry about the wrong things.

Clinton has me rather uninspired-- she can design and implement a policy, she understands that incremental change is the only thing that works, and she has the right credentials but, and this is no fault of hers, I'm tired of hearing the same two names in politics.

She also has a PR vulnerability that I don't yet think has anything to do with her personally, but the muck rakers have her dialed in.

Nobody else is worth talking about-- they're both unable to design or implement a policy, they're angry about the wrong things, and are generally embarrassing to think might one day have their faces on our currency.

Not thrilled about Clinton, but I don't see a viable plan B-- and yes, that makes me a little bit nervous.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Would you rather more Trump is yuuuuuge threads. Oh wait...

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

uh, by posting to iPhone forums where they'll actually bump it? :D

12. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

If she wrote it, it means that Clinton will become president.

13. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Hillary has survived 20 years of GOP attacks.

And I'm reasonably confident she'll survive 8 more years of them.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't think she will attempt to run again in 8 years though.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah, and especially the closing about Clinton maybe not being up to the task is a crock. HRC is up to the task. The question in a general election is whether the country wants her to define the task again as the last admin has defined it.

If yes, she'll win. If no, she might still win depending on how Wall Street likes the GOP nominee. They know Clinton and will definitely support her over Trump.

Rubin does have a point about no Dem bench past Sanders. Biden, people keep saying. No way, not in 2016. Webb was thinking about re-entering but today he ruled it out. I wonder how much input Clinton and the DNC had to that gig because he seemed pretty up for it quite recently.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 11, 2016 ---
    As I said I am not a fan, but I completely agree with you.

16. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

no, hell no

17. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

This whole debate is about which old white person will give the minorities (and the majority) more free stuff by taking money from people who have it. At least Bernie has a plan which increases federal wealth by 2T a year. Hillary is promising bernie "lite" spending without a plan.

18. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

You can thank Rubin, I always bet the opposite of what she says. You best tell her to write another piece or else you are stuck with Clinton. I will just enjoy the view from the north, lol.

19. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

That's a convenient excuse but that sounds like Hussein speaking. Blame it on the GOP. That's what weak insecure people do, play the helpless victim.

Reality is she buys influence, threatens, intimidates, and as such gets away with horrible acts no one with ethics and a conscious would even think about. So good at hiding behind her deadly web of lies, she prevails being the master of deciept. It's a testament and reflection of a social degenerate that masquerades as a political leader. Give her credit, she's committed more crimes than most that are jailed or in prison. She is the envy of career criminals nationwide.

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The government works for us, we pay into it, we should be supported by it in return. This is how we pay for insurance and infrastructure. The taxes we pay have to be put to good use. Not fighting wars over seas or bailing out banks.

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Bernie is not much of a war monger, Hillary on the other hand....

22. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Not going to argue. I want to know where the money is getting collected and where it is going to be spent. Most of it is being spent on bureaucracy.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The way you pay for single payer is through taxes. Like he said, everyone pays 500 more in taxes but saves 5000 on insurance a year. Bring Apple's off shore accounts back into the tax rolls. Force the billionaires to pay their share and not use tax loopholes to horde their earnings.

24. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

It isn't guaranteed. You have to control surgeon and doctor wages to provide a guarantee.

25. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Do doctors get paid now from insurance companies?