The Democrats are now the National Security War-Hawk Party

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jul 28, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I remember in the 1980s when the USSR moved nuclear-tipped SS-20 missiles into Eastern Europe and the leftist-liberals remained totally silent. However, when Ronald Reagan responded by deploying Pershing II missiles into West Germany, Reagan was derided as a "war-monger" by the Left who scolded America that we should accept "peaceful coexistence" and embrace "detente." When Reagan proposed $500 billion on SDI--a purely defensive system--liberals went absolutely nuts.

Today, the Democrats are spreading rumors of war, encroaching NATO right up to the Russian border, and wailing that Vlad Putin is a relentless enemy who only respects unadulterated American military power. The Democrats want more F-35s, they want to spend US$1 trillion on more nukes, build more overseas bases, drone more people everywhere, and more political, economic, and military hegemony in Europe, in the Pacific, in Asia, and pretty much everywhere else.

Funny how things have changed.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

war/murder/genocide & crapping on the constitution is ok as long as democrats do it.

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

Plus allowing the dawn of ISIS to grow into a powerhouse far beyond the JV team that Obama shrugged off.

4. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Last night someone asked me, "How many Americans died in Iraq since Obama became President?" I said "I don't know, but not nearly as many Middle Easterners who have died under Obama."

Crickets.

5. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

You would like this book:

https://itunes.apple.com/book/the-dead-hand/id419278388
    https://www.amazon.com/Dead-Hand-Untold-Dangerous-Legacy/dp/0307387844

51ffJRTYXsL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

6. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

The Democratic Party is a center-Right political party. What do we expect from a Right-wing security state? War.

The fact that you hyphenate "leftist-liberal" and apply them to the Democratic Party shows how little you understand the meaning of either word.

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

8. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Nothing unique here. The same could be said for any president in modern history.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

that is true
    [​IMG]

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I'll take the corporate war hawks over the ****ing American Taliban all day.

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

sarcasm<Why are so you so un-patriotic?>sarcasm
    --- Post Merged, Jul 28, 2016 ---
    Can you type a sentence without the bad language filter hitting you?

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The better question is who gives a ****? Do you need a safe space from the scary words?

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to express itself forcibly.”
    -Spencer Kimball

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yes, I am sure all those dying in the M-E are so happy it's democrats that are sending their kids/wives/husbands to the graves :rolleyes:

15. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Major General Andrew Jackson( Founder of the Democratic Party)
    James K. Polk(Jacksonian Democrat) Mexican American War, 54 40 or fight,
    Major General Taylor, Zachary(Jacksonian Democrat),
    Pierce, Franklin(D) Third Seminole War,
    Grover Cleveland(D) Apache Wars against Geronimo,
    Woodrow Wilson(D) WWI,
    FDR(D) WWII,
    Harry S. Truman(D) Korea,
    LBJ(D) Vietnam.

At what point did the Democrats stop being the party of war?

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

not really, it's just that after the 200th f*** it just loses its power. profanity has its place, time, and rhythm, don't overuse it

17. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Were we supposed to sit that one out after being attacked?

18. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Good for him.

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or a lack of verbal interest is just a ****ing lunatic."
    - Stephen Fry

;)

19. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

blah blah blah. look at all the faux outrage from the aaronvan and jk. have you done anything yourself to stop the increasing war in the middle east since you're so against it? have you volunteered to help refugees in these affected areas? lol you guys think that they themselves are all terrorists and yet seem to ONLY care that obama is bombing them not the actual outcomes affecting the lives of the people who survive the bombings. straight hypocrisy and intellectual laziness.

really it seems you guys are just spewing BS rhetoric for the sake of spewing it. you are the 'critic' in teddy roosevelts famous quote. only person i wouldn't include is jess13 since his posts are always super informed and backed up with evidence at least.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

my friend, we disagree on HOW we should help refugees, going lump in Aaron and NT here, we (hope I am not wrong) don't support the wars that make them refugees in the first place, your fallacy is thinking we are ONLY against Obama, it is simply not so, been against the war that Bush started with Hillary's support from the start.
    Aaron & NT can correct me if I wrongly lumped them in together.

21. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Did the Germans attack us?

22. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Actually, from the article it appears the Democrats have become the center of policy expertise after the Republicans abandoned anyone with serious credentials for a reality TV show star.

From the article:

However, Trump hasn't called for a peace sit-down, but has instead, argued that he would hit ISIS hard, and would commit war crimes—using nuclear weapons, committing torture, and the murder the families of terrorists—to prosecute his war on the group.

For all the senseless rhetoric from Trump supporters, he's not the candidate for peace, but his own brand of asymmetric warfare.

And, for some reason, people have taken this hook, line, and sinker.

Clinton pushed hard for the U.S. and NATO intervention in Libya, but Libya came apart on its own. So too with Syria. And, in reality, the Arab Spring, which set off the revolutions in both states was driven by two major factors: the Iraq War and Climate Change. Trump has no idea what to do about either.

23. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

if you are under the impression that the wars have caused an increase in the refugee crisis (which i think too) it would naturally follow that you would want to support them and help them get their lives back. after all WE forced them to be like that.

but aaronvan seems to think that we shouldn't help them (because they are all terrorist of course), despite agreeing that the wars cause an increase in refugees

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

please define "help" them? personally ending the ****ing wars would be the best way to "help" them.

25. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

ending the wars won't help the people who are suffering right now. ending the war is a long term strategy.