The disgrace of O2 iPhone insurance mis-selling

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neiltc13, Dec 26, 2007.

1. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I just got my latest bill from O2 for my iPhone which I bought on November 28. They have added charges of £7.00 and £7.50 for "O2 Insure Premier Monthly" even though I did not sign anything or ask for this to be added.

I'm disgusted. I've emailed them (because only their sales lines are open right now :/) and I hope they remove the charges. I worry about people who don't check their bill and who might be paying for insurance which they did not want or ask for.

Has anyone else had this problem? :confused:

2. vinylkiller macrumors member

i asked for the insurance as if i drop this or it gets stolen i'm up **** creek w/o a paddle

3. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Anyone who bought their iPhone at the Carphone Sh*thouse likely took it from behind. Those guys are evil crooks. I recently got a letter from them "clarifying" insurance and apples policies. Apple shouldn't have touched this idiots.

4. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I had the same thing happen to me.

I took back my iphone to exchange it and they added it on without telling me but when I called O2 they removed the charges so its not a problem I wouldn't worry.

However I promise you they will e-mail you back and ask you to call them so I recommend you do it as soon as possible - don't wait for an e-mail.

We are talking about O2 Insurance NOT CPW!

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

I'd check the contract you signed. If you are signed up to extra insurance, as a silver lining you might be able to break from the O2 contract after 9 months, which will help you get an early upgrade to an updated iPhone if/when it comes around...

6. neiltc13 thread starter macrumors 68040

neiltc13

The only contracts I agreed to were the ones inside of iTunes and I did NOT select insurance. I bought the phone at an o2 store.

7. Moleshome macrumors member