The Dock Hiding Bug (Dock hides when opening file in one of the stacks)

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Bo98, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Bo98 macrumors member

When I open a file (or app) from one of my stacks in my dock (Applications, Documents, Downloads etc.). The Dock goes into hiding mode (hides unless mouse is over dock area). Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: I actually don't remembering this happening since installing Lion; or I could just be enjoying Lion so much that I hadn't had the time to use Stacks! Still, does anyone else notice this problem or is it something with my Mac?

2. mixvio macrumors 6502

I have a vaguely related issue, if I click on an application in the dock which launches in a different space than the one I'm currently viewing, the dock hides as the space switches.

This is counter to previous behaviour where as long as the mouse was still over the dock, it would remain visible.

I automatically hide the dock when not in use anyway, but I was used to it remaining on screen as I was switching applications. I would also like to know how to switch this back to how it was in Snow Leopard.

3. Bo98 thread starter macrumors member

It seems to be okay after a restart but something triggers it when left on for a while.