The Donald Meter May 2016

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Apr 27, 2016.

?

Donald Trump, The Best President of the United States?

Poll closed May 31, 2016.
  1. I love the Donald and want to have his children!

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Seriously, he's the best choice period.

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. He is the best of the available choices (Dem & Rep)

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. He's flawed but better than any Democrat nominee.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. I'd hold my nose and vote for him before any Democrat.

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. As a Conservative, I'd either not vote (for him) or vote for Hillary instead.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. As a Moderate, I'd vote for anyone but Trump.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  8. As a Liberal, I'd vote for anyone but Trump (no surprise).

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Mr Trump the best or worst President of the United States? IMO, he'd be a better President than Ted Cruz, but the poll is based on Donald Trump being the Presidential Nominee. The poll provides a sliding scale of of how you feel about him.

Of interest is this article:
    A Contested Republican National Convention: How It Would Work

What is a contested convention?
    In most election years, one presidential candidate wins enough delegates during the primary-caucuses process in order for the presumptive nominee to earn a majority of the delegates before the convention begins. In a contested convention, however, no presumptive nominee exists because no candidate garners a majority of the delegates on the first ballot. So even though a convention is often just a perfunctory meeting for top party officials used to rally around the flag into the general election, a contested convention means the meetings actually make a pivotal difference for who the nominee will be.

Of interest Mr Trump needs to have a majority of delegates walking into the convention, as opposed to the most, the stated number: 1237. My understanding is he could, but maybe not. With less than 1237, it's not assured he will be the nominee, considering that half of Republicans (or more) think he's a terrible Republican. Although I think he has a better chance against Hillary than Cruz, he's still a terrible National candidate.

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Throw in another option, coin flip between Trump and Clinton.

3. Limey77 macrumors regular

Personally I think he would be a disaster as a president. But if he does get the nomination it almost guarantees that a democrat will be in the White House for the next eight years, so I do hope he gets the nomination.

4. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Campaigns, Debates and the like are all part of the process leading up to the November Election. I continue to reserve my opinion, simply paying close attention to the ebb and flow of each parties candidates. As it relates to Trump, he's proof positive that the media has far too much power and influence in the process. Only time will tell what lies ahead.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Im sure there will be plenty of lies between now and Election Day.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

OP, consult a witch to cast a hex, because as of last night, Trump took an astounding 5 for 5. Next up, Indiana.

7. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

8. samiwas macrumors 65816

I have to wonder how many Trump supporters think that he has actual public support, and not just a flock of people running to the primary booth to show theirs. In other words, I wonder how many Trump supporters are completely delusional.

9. edk99 macrumors 6502a

It seems he *does* have public support. What makes you think otherwise?

10. boast macrumors 65816

boast

Since Bernie won't win, I'm voting Trump.

11. Meister Suspended

Meister

I love the Donald and I want to have his children.

[​IMG]

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The kid will have a thick head of toupee.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 27, 2016 ---
    The same can be said of Hillary supporters.

13. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Because he is far more unfavorable than Clinton among Independents.

Having a larger turnout in the primaries is far more irrelevant than most people believe. The people turning out to vote for Trump are mostly not new voters. They are just voters who rarely vote in primary elections. There is zero correlation between a high turnout in the primaries and a winner in the general election.

[Source]

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The vast majority don't like either Trump or Clinton. I wonder what side will swallow harder when casting a vote.

15. Meister Suspended

Meister

It will be a beautiful boy.

image.jpeg

Terrific!

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Trump or Clinton or Sanders, the nation might have to take one on the chin for 4yrs and hope to Christ both parties can find someone who doesn't make us want to emigrate.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Hmmm, this quote stood out to me:
    And how did that turn out? It seems that Republican voters are prone to big mistakes.

18. Limey77 macrumors regular

Of the three you mention only one has any likelihood of actually being president and I'm sure she'll do a great job for eight years.

Hilary can still be beaten, but it won't be Sanders, Cruz or Trump that can do it. If she faces either Cruz or Trump it will be a stroll in the park victory. IF the republicans actually want to win then there will have to be some serious negotiations at the convention plus they'll have to convince Trump not to run as an independent, which will be tough.

Unless Trump can be convinced to bow out, then the republicans will lose the White House and they know it.

19. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

They're all dumpster fires and I doubt any of them would get a second term.

20. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Why do I need to cast a hex? He's doing a pretty good job of hexing himself for the general election.

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Well in her defense Hillary lit the dumpster to throw in her email records.

22. samiwas macrumors 65816

I hear about all these wins, but still have yet to personally meet one single actual Trump supporter. Over 300 Facebook friends (many of which are conservative), and hundreds more on numerous work sites, and not one. Seriously. I haven't met any. I don't see any signs driving around town. Even most of my conservative friends are against him. Even the first one that I thought, "now, this guy is a Trump supporter", thinks he's an idiot.

I think Trump has a rabid fan base who is going out of their way to support him and vote for him in the primaries. I don't deny that...they are flocking. But, in my opinion, that's pretty much it. There are vast numbers of people (in the Republican base) who likely do not support him.

It's my opinion, and I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong. But I just don't think he has the actual support you think he does.

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    For normal, everyday election seasons, this is true. Thing is, what we're going through now is anything but, considering the voting base has been whipped up into a frothy fervor these last couple of years.

24. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

Is this yours and Donald's lovechild, congratulations:p

25. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Although it's unlikely that i'll vote for Trump, I do despise Cruz and am not a big fan of Hillary either...so I'm waiting to see who Trump chooses as VP - because i'm fairly sure he'll be impeached his first term (if that comes to pass).