The Donald Wants Universal Healthcare and High taxes for the Rich

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by xmichaelp, Sep 27, 2015.

1. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Anyone watch the 60 Minutes interview? It brought some great laughs but it caught my eye when he was pressed about healthcare and taxes. He said he wanted lower income people to pay little to nothing and the rich to pay higher taxes. Also said that he would replace Obamacare with a more comprehensive plan and said he knew he would lose some votes for saying that as a Republican.

Should we believe him? I mean how would he even get this passed? By working with the Democrats and maybe a couple Republicans? Then again, as long as they repeal Obamacare in the process maybe the GOP would support universal healthcare just for spite...

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it was crazy everything is going to be great the wall would be great ,huge ,cheap, and pretty. the guy made more promises then god in the bible. he was asked over and over how he wold do it. ever could really answer well. force china to do what he wants?

3. APlotdevice, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I'm surprised he doesn't want to tax Mexico.

In all honesty, a Trump presidency may well be the GOP's worst nightmare. Not necessarily because of his promises, but because he does whatever the **** he wants.

4. xmichaelp thread starter macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

If Trump destroys the GOP and makes them rebrand as a more moderate party it will all be worth it. Kick the Tea Party and religious zealots out. These morons thinks John Boehner isn't conservative enough...

Who am I kidding... this won't happen.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

true. they grabbed a bull by the horns with him.

6. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I stopped paying attention to him a while ago, but he historically had more in common with the democratic party. Every time I see him, he seems to spout raw unprocessed thought and emotion. I get that some people find this appealing, but I don't get the impression that he has spent time in serious policy discussions.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

He acts like he will be Superman able tp to anything he wants any way he wants and no one can appose him. Though he is more the joker them superman.

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I don't think he believes himself Superman. What I think he's doing is trying to sell us all on his presidency. It's like he's throwing out a business pitch to try and entice us, hitting everyone's fun buttons, left and right, and seeing if we all grab for it.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I am...I am Superman
    And I know what's happening.

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

You damn well better, what with your x-ray vision and all.

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

Tell us how that is not an apt description of the current president.

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

Maybe we'll see Trump standing before a full scale replica of Roman columns?

Wait - I think that's been done already....

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Please provide examples of how Obama has 'done whatever the *** he wanted'.

Be very descriptive.

As far as Trump goes, I would call this his first dose of butt hurt from being upstaged and outclassed by the Pope, who totally trumped him (pun intended) in every order and fashion, in less than 6 day's time.

BL.

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

It'd be a nightmare for them, because this time it'd be one of their own going over their obstructionist asses.

16. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

But hey, at least he's not a nig... "Dictator".

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

No, Plot. He's not a Nigerian. He's from Kenya.

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

That's it in a nutshell. Trump would promise a Mars mission to NASA employees, and the return of Jon Snow to Game of Thrones fans. He's just selling the idea of him as president and the idea that through force of personality alone, he can accomplish everything he wants.

Trump's not stupid, but it's clear he thinks we are.

19. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

He's lowering the top tax bracket from 39% to 25%. Unless he gets rid of a buttload of deductions, isn't that lowering taxes on the rich?

20. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

If Trump agrees to be cast as a whitewalker, I'm sure they could bring Snow back as a zombie of some kind.

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Isn't that what they all do to get elected, blow smoke up our butts and tell us what we want to hear. Then they get into office and sell their soul to the highest bidder.

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes but he is blowing smoke up everyone's butts and I think it is pot smoke.

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

You all do realize that Jon Snow is coming back, right? Even ignoring the plot, it's obvious from an economy of story perspective.

I'll bet you all $5 his rearrival will be the closing shot of this upcoming season.

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Yeah, it makes sense that Snow will return, and now that he's no longer vowed to Night's Watch, he can return to Winterfell. I'm wondering if Snow will be the bridge to bring his brothers back into the story line, who have been absent for an entire season.

25. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

HBO has commented on this many times. That is why Trump needs to make such a deal. It's obvious that he's a fan of the show, considering his obsession with the wall, or are we still pretending that Trump thought of a wall rather than George RR Martin?