The Elephant In The Room - Trump Has 16 Accusers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ericgtr12, Dec 7, 2017 at 6:52 AM.

1. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I disagree with this last statement. IMO there are plenty of reasons a woman or man for that matter would claim sexual harassment. The obvious ones are financial gain and to punish the accused. Seems like these allegations always come out once the accused has made it big or is now famous. Coincidence? I dont think so, no. Why sue or accuse some poor bum that may have grabbed yer butt? Whats going to come of it? Nothing.

Other very valid reasons to "fudge it"? A bitter break up. Personal vendetta. Political motivations. Lots of reasons.

As for Trump - now that the dems and their Hollywood/Entertainment scumbags have all been exposed its only natural that they just have to drag Trump into it. Its like, yeah, whatever.

2. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that may be sufficient enough to convict someone...in a North Korean court, but fortunately our justice system doesn’t operate this way. Merely accusing someone without strong physical or circumstantial evidence is going to get you laughed out of court. As it should.

3. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Wont work.
    All Republicans have sekrit immunity clause against any accusation of sex abuse.
    /S

Roy Moore probably had sex with a few <18 girls.
    It is fact that not every victim of crime will come forward, some because they did not feel it was wrong (ie: enjoyed the sex).

4. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Physical evidence can come in the form of witnesses having alarming similarities in their stories.

When Jimmy Savile spent the best part of 50 years raping children, there was no witnesses or DNA evidence. It was the chilling accounts of hundreds of victims with obvious patterns that secured the posthumous conviction. It’s very rare a rapist of sex offender will attack when there are people around to witness it. Investigators often appeal for victims and potential witnesses without time limits for every witness should be treated seriously.

Trumps previous behaviour has made this very easy to assume. He is however innocent until proven guilty on anything he could be accused of.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

No - you/we hear about it when someone has made it big or famous. That discounts the fact it happens every day to women around the US (and world) from men who are not big, famous, or "anybody."

Drag Trump into it? Are you kidding - he's in it because he's been accused. No one has to drag him into it. Stop acting as if Trump is some victim He's not. He's a sexual predator.

6. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

There are many reasons a woman may not come forward, shame, guilt, etc. but this is the most dismissive reason one could imagine.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

British Court too. People have gone to prison for sex offences in the 1970s here.

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If Clinton goes up with him I'm fine with it.

9. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

Some of the view on this forum are disgusting. Image if the ones that accused Trump and Moore were your mother/sister/wife/daughter? I bet your view of the matter would change.

10. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Anybody who has commuted sexual offences should be prosecuted. Unless Trump and Clinton committed offences together, then they are mutually exclusive and treated as such.

You shouldn’t dismiss one set of victims based on other cases that are not linked. Not exactly fair is it?

11. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

Typical response from the right. Both sides were wrong in the past and there is plenty of bad example of tribalism. Now that Franken and Conyer have resigned, were is the equal response from the right?

Oh yeah I forgot, that side is full of heartless, immoral, narrow minded, bigots that only care about lining their own pockets.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The left shielded Clinton and destroyed the people he raped and assaulted sexually. You don't get to switch it up simply because you dislike the current POTUS.

13. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Indeed. It’s also why witness statements exist and are used despite not having viewable evidence.

Like when someone witnesses a murder with their own eyes but didn’t actually film it for a court to view. It doesn’t make it less credible like some here seem to think.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

That would be like sacrificing your king for two pawns. No thanks,

15. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Not my opinion though. I view all potential sexual offences the same.

You and the left are letting your allegiances dictate how you feel the perpetrator should be treated whereas I have no political favourite here.

16. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

What about Moore? What about Blake Farenthold? What about Clarence Thomas? Lets also tear down Strom Thrumand's legacy and remove his name from any building.

You all are so clean on that side. I already know your response, because you are one of those people.

17. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

That was 1 example, yours are also valid.
    But mine is just as valid.
    News flash, women/girls also enjoy sex!

18. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

The Clinton thing happened 20 years ago, and he had fewer accusers than Trump. In hindsight, the left was more focused on Lewinski and the fact that it was consensual, but obviously in hindsight it was a mistake.

As for those saying "you can't cry foul now", yes you can. You can change things and start doing the right thing, and that is what I see from the left.

But since in politics, the Clinton's are the sun to the right's solar system - everything revolves around them - let's reverse the argument. Why did the right want to come down on him with vengeance (and John Edwards as well, even though he was largely irrelevant when he was caught having fathered a child with his mistress), but now want to use him as a scapegoat?

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I believe the science says they enjoy it more.

20. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

It is only up to the voters during the next election, which can be years away. Even worse, the voters will probably have party loyalty because they certainly wouldn't vote for the other party. I try to remind people that caucuses and primaries exist, and that's where you get the choose the candidate for your party, but those have extraordinarily low turnout. In my precinct only 6 people showed up. SIX. (The flip side to low turnout is that if you actually show up, your vote is relatively very powerful.)

In any case, it's not only up to the voters. There are several mechanisms in place to eject someone from office, depending on which office we are talking about.

21. MachCrit macrumors regular

MachCrit

You've never been in a powerful position, where you've had to fire or affect subordinate's careers.

I'm all for getting rid of all miscreants, with due process.

22. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

It’s not exactly difficult to find a few dozen accusers from a country of 320+ million. Especially when we’re talking about politicians who are, by virtue of their profession, polarizing figures.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So Clinton is innocent. Got it.

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Isn’t that the only reason the republicans went after Clinton.

25. samcraig macrumors P6

You've missed the point if this is your reply. One doesn't equate to the other. I dislike the POTUS. However what I comment on in these particular threads is not about power or position - but the man. There's no switching up. There's no hypocrisy.

However your "deflection" is noted.