The Elephant In The Room - Trump Has 16 Accusers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ericgtr12, Dec 7, 2017 at 6:52 AM.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Source please.

Never mind. You can't source broad-brushed hyperbole.

2. mgguy, Dec 7, 2017 at 1:53 PM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 1:59 PM

mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

In the case of trump, who is hated and demonized by many, I don’t think we can assume that the shes are independent and have no reason to lie. If
    someone really hates trump and truly believes he is hitlerian, a racist, hates women, wants to have sex with his daughter, etc., etc., then they may feel justified in lying that he sexually abused them to get this devil out of office.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Or more reason he’s guilty.

4. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Not to mention that he's on tape bragging that he does this to women. These people are in ****ing denial.

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yah well if Moore gets the election in Alabama, his next stop after being sworn in is the ethics committee. He may very well be ejected from the Senate. Moore is so toxic anyway, how can he even take the oath, he's on record for stating that the Constitution comes second to the precepts of his own religion.

Maybe Moore could get away with at least that in the back benches of the House even after the notoriety of his past public service. There are some wackos in there for sure on both sides of the fence, but in the Senate, they stand out much more and tolerance does not range so far.

Anyway in the been-a-long-time-coming season of #MeToo, I don't think any pol's necessarily "safe" from encountering need to regret past harassment, even if at the time it occurred, the odds favored his getting away with such behavior. Should the odds now favor Trump getting away with it?

I'm disappointed when any public figure turns up having been a harasser, same as if he were an embezzer or a pyromaniac. But to excuse such a person because of prominence seems to say "well it doesn't matter because this person's special".

How about the countless victims. Are they special? Is our teenage child special? Hell yes.

So I don't get what's with the GOP in Alabama and now the RNC too, swinging back around to putting party first, decency second by throwing in with Moore again as that special election campaign draws to a close. I can sort of see how Trump endorses Moore thought, because it's a simulated empathy gig: poor old Roy, just like me, they pick on him for petty stuff and ignore his greatness.

And I'll never understand how we elected Trump, even if his sexual misdoings amount to just the tip of the iceberg that was at least half on display in other respects as well during that campaign. Well I have to hope we saw at least half of his flaws, who the heck knows about his Russian no-deals-who-me-no-way. But his Hollywood Access tape is not fake, despite his belated wishful thinking that it is, and between that and the count of alleged harassers, seems like where there's smoke there's reason to see if there's been a fire.

I can understand a woman's fear of coming forward to confront Trump: HE SAID she lied. Rinse, repeat. That is how it had been with fear of confronting Weinstein et al in the past. Those guys are having to face the music now. One hopes Trump will have to do that too: he's not that special either.

6. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Too, imagine if the one that was accused by these accusers was your father/brother/husband/son. I bet your view of the matter would change, and you would want them to be treated fairly by allowing them to defend themselves in due-process proceedings, in which they would be able to question their accusers and witnesses, view evidence, and argue for their innocence before pronouncing them guilty and imposing punishment.

7. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Yes, but Trump was on tape bragging about sexual assault. With Moore, there’s at least a denial. Trump denies everything, even when there’s direct evidence to refute what he says.

With Moore, wouldn’t the smart thing for Trump to do would be stay out of it altogether? He’s taking Moore’s side over women he knows nothing about.

8. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Exactly. I agree wholeheartedly.

9. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Bragging about sexual assault is very different from committing sexual assault. You can do one without the other.

10. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

11. samcraig macrumors P6

If you think Trump is completely innocent and has never sexually assaulted someone, there's this bridge I own that you might be interested in..... water views on both sides!

12. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Someone who is kidding around with another likeminded person in a private conversation?
    --- Post Merged, Dec 7, 2017 at 5:57 PM ---
    If you think he is completely guilty of sexual assault without having thoroughly examined the circumstances, evidence, and statements from the accuser and the accused, then I don’t think you are fit to serve on any jury.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

I couldn't go on that jury. I know and believe 100% one of his accusers who is a friend of mine. So for me - he's guilty. Without a doubt. None.

14. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Who here has bragged about sexual assault? I haven’t and none of my fellow GenX friends have either.

15. citizenzen, Dec 7, 2017 at 6:09 PM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 6:56 PM

citizenzen macrumors 65816

1. How did trump know the people in that vehicle were “likeminded”?

2. It wasn’t a private conversation, and it happened in a professional capacity. Everybody taking part in that conversation were only there because they were paid to be there. Trump may not have gotten a paycheck per se, but it was an appearance on his network’s soap opera which served to promote his own TV show.

16. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Trump may be guilty, and I believe that you believe your friend, but I would need to know more about each case before concluding that he is guilty. Unfortunately, none of the accusers have filed suit alleging he sexually assaulted them, so we may not be able to ascertain the truth with much certainty.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

Well one filed a defamation suit because he said she was lying about it. But he is "too busy" to go to court.

18. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Well, Trump himself said "he did it," even bragged about it. Interesting to see this thread started as I have been wondering recently if/when this would all get back to Trump, given all the powerful men who have fallen.

19. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Dec 7, 2017 at 7:05 PM ---
    So this is what an outsider is... Most politicians commit and deny. Trump is turning the establishment on its head by abstaining and bragging!

Great argument.

20. kobalap macrumors 6502

President of the United States?

21. Eraserhead, Dec 7, 2017 at 11:37 PM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 11:56 PM

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The flaw with your argument is why hasn’t Obama been accused of sexual assault? Why hasn’t George W Bush been accused of sexual assault? Why hasn’t anyone who isn’t a known liar accused Clinton of sexual assault? And why aren’t their more than three of them? Why hasn’t Carter been accused of sexual assault?

22. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I went to a male strip club with a few women from work several years ago ... it was shocking how the women behaved, so yeah, I totally get how millions of women gave Trump a pass on the AH hot mic tape.

Any woman who’s ever been to a male strip show knows exactly what I am saying... what I saw from their behaviour was not a one off, this happens every night, at every show, at every club.
    What I saw the women doing, if it was men doing the same at a female show ... the bouncers would toss them all out.

23. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

One of my friends in college was a male stripper. I think the issue there is whether or not the shocking behaviour was mutually consensual. In the case of my friend, it was, but then again he was powerfully built. No doubt women strippers feel more vulnerable.

24. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

He will be able to confirm what I am saying is true... the behaviour of the women is hard to believe.

Men do not behave like that at a woman’s show ... they would physically have to remove half the audience at every show.

My point is, not all women are hung up on political correctness and would not hypocritically attack Trump over a hot mic tape ... Millions of women have seen their own behave 10 times worse.

25. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff

That's so dumb for him to say and this is coming from someone who has been a judge.
    What's wrong with people in our country, how hard is to for them understand that this is a secular country, church and state need to stay separate. You practice your religion in the privacy of your home or church, you cannot drag that into politics or government.