The Empire Files: Abby Martin Exposes What Hillary Clinton Really Represents - April 17, 2016

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

obliterative
    adjective oblit·er·a·tive \ə-ˈbli-tə-ˌrā-tiv, ō-, -rə-tiv\

inducing or characterized by obliteration.

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Perhaps you should paraphrase the video, as 27 minutes is a long link...

3. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

I already did: obliterative.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Didn't RT fire Abby Martin because she was such a bitch?

5. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

I don’t know the history, I could probably find it but I haven’t felt inclined to try.

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Umm, I was thinking a little broader in scope...like she and Bill have been in bed with corporations over the years and have a ton of skeletons...maybe more than one word - though i do appreciate the definition right in the OP

7. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Basically goes through the past several decades of Hillary and Bill being conniving, deceitful, corrupt, anti-Americans, up to present day campaign. Mostly focused on Hillary’s corruption, warmongering and fakeness.

8. Robisan macrumors 6502

If you're going to summarize in one word: Derp.

9. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

No. If I were to choose an alternate word, other than ‘obliterative’: evil.

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

Hitlary supporters don't care.

That's the really creepy part.

11. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Abby had a famous 1 minute rant against Russia criticizing state intervention in sovereign nations when Russian intervened with Ukrain. RT offered her to go to Crimea to see for herself, Abby refused stating she had no intentions on going there.
    Abby soon quit after that.

Abby was also offered an anchor job in DC she refused saying she would never work there describing DC as lobbiest hell.

Known for her activism railing against the left /right paradigm after having campaigned for Al Gore, Abby Marting is uncompromising in her investigative reporting and can't be bought.

Oh yeah.. Hillary the corporate queen fascist.

12. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

You've summed it up quite accurately.

Wicked, Vicious an Deadly.

13. Thomas Veil, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016

Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Content aside, videos like this from both the left and right wings crack me up because they're so unapologetically camp.

They seem to share a lot of characteristics:
    • rapid-fire, grainy, borrowed footage designed to resemble a 1960s TV with bad vertical hold;
    • creepy music that would be more appropriate in a slasher flick;
    • minimalist backdrops (this lady seems to have borrowed Keith Olbermann's set from Current :D );
    • tacky effects, including evil-looking photo-negative processing and single-hue filters;
    • the old "video inset into an antique-looking TV" trick;
    • pictures of documents and "torn from the headlines" snippets of text;
    • stock shots of wars and riots juxtaposed with footage of politicians.
    This lady seems to add monotone narration and red and blue backlighting to the mix, but it doesn't make it any less hammy or amateur-looking, despite someone's technical skill at using After Effects.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

This is from the Empire Files, a program that runs on the Real News Network, which constantly has the likes of Lawrence Wilkerson on it.

What's funny is I literally listened to this podcast yesterday at work.

15. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

So who does the maker of that video support and how will that person respond if someone else puts up a video being completely negative about their candidate of choice? Can't be hard to play "fling the dirt" and clearly Americans love it...

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Abby Martin doesn't support the two party system as it currently functions in the USA.

Believe it or not, some people actually have a problem with the structure itself of American politics as it's alway been used as a kludge to prevent actual reform.

17. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Deflection. It doesn’t matter who they support.

18. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm supposed to beleive someone is "anti-American" from someone who worked for Russia Today? Lol M'kaaaay. :rolleyes:

19. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Patriotic Americans regularly are guests on RT. For example, Reagan’s Fmr. Sr. CIA Analyst Ray McGovern.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ray+McGovern+RT

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

21. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Funny when Russian state TV is freer than U.S. mainstream corporate TV. I gave you one example, there are tons of others I could post. But the funniest thing is, the Abby Martin piece isn’t on RT. You have no argument.

22. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

RT was supposed to interview me, but I stormed out because there was no Perrier in the green room.

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

While I've argued previously that work from Russia Today should be taken with a grain of salt, this video is from Martin's show on TeleSUR.

Now, TeleSUR's got its own ideological framework, but that's different from the Russian state-organ that is RT.

I'm not sure what to think about Martin's work. @Thomas Veil is right on the production values, it's not just that these are cheap effects, but that they are cheap effects to get attention.

One flaw here is the lack of interviews about Clinton and a tendency to use hot-button words rather than let the facts speak for themselves. That said, Martin is right that the Clinton's have often peddled their influence for money, and members of the Democratic delegations have strong ties to Wall Street, private prisons like the GEO group, etc.

24. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Thank you.

Watching that video, I couldn't help comparing it to how another pundit, Rachel Maddow, would present similar material. Her trademark style is an interview or two, well-researched material (as you say, let the facts speak for themselves), and a few over-the-shoulder graphics and cutaways (in place of the garish effects and footage), leavened with a little snark.

Maddow of course has her own viewpoint to convey, but the difference is you come away from one of her segments feeling informed, not indoctrinated.