Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I'm in tears now T_T

Got to meet Mr Spinney through a friend who's now working for Children's Television Workshop as an apprentice puppeteer. He's a beautiful man.

Agreed. Amazing man. and IIRC, he's the last surviving member of the original Sesame Street Cast still on the show.

I wish he could have lasted another 8 months; that way he could retire at 50 years to the day... or perhaps that is why he is doing this now; so those last voices he is doing will be on that 50th anniversary show.

I just hope that what happened to Charles Schulz doesn't happen to Spinney.

BL.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Agreed. Amazing man. and IIRC, he's the last surviving member of the original Sesame Street Cast still on the show.

I wish he could have lasted another 8 months; that way he could retire at 50 years to the day... or perhaps that is why he is doing this now; so those last voices he is doing will be on that 50th anniversary show.

I just hope that what happened to Charles Schulz doesn't happen to Spinney.

BL.

Yeah, I'm worried about that too. Retirement can be a literal killer of creatives, Schulz, Kirby and others.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Sesame Street was a superb example of American public service broadcasting at its idealistic and impressive and creative best; a great show with some amazing talent.

Good luck to Carroll Spinney, and having spent half a century on Sesame Street is a wonderful, enriching and incredibly rewarding way to have spent one's professional life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.