The end of presidential press briefings?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, May 12, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

This morning, Trump tweeted on whether he should have any press briefings: Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 4.30.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 4.30.48 PM.png

In an interview later on Friday, he put some more weight behind this concept:

He proposed in his Fox News interview that “we don’t have press conferences” to remedy his staff’s inability to keep pace. It’s unclear whether Trump misspoke when he said “press conferences” and intended to say “press briefings.” The difference, however, is largely semantics: In both cases, the president or a White House official is taking questions from the media.

“Well, you just don’t have them,” the president suggested. “Unless I have them every two weeks and I do them myself, we don’t have them. I think it’s a good idea.”​

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/12/donald-trump-no-press-briefings-238335

So yeah, looks like Spicer and Sanders are going to be out of a job pretty soon...

2. deany macrumors 68030

deany

I hope Spicy stays, Saturday Night Live wouldn't be the same!

3. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Ok? Then in 4 years or 8 years we'll have them again. It's not a big deal.

4. SusanK macrumors 68000

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Very active. :rolleyes: Please. As if no other President has ever been busy.

I heard a great interview today with Josh Earnest, the last press secretary who said Obama would poke his head into Josh's office everyday and make sure that he was up to speed on things and that they were on the same page. Is Trump really so incompetent that he cannot do that?

6. SusanK macrumors 68000

Trump is constantly trying to get is lies together. No was he can know when his story changes.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It's just a bluff ... though I'd love to see him try it.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

9. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Trump's acts he's the most productive and busiest president ever. Yet he has time to constantly tweet nonsense on twitter.

I don't know how his supporters can support this clown behavior. Unless they are all clowns too.

10. bopajuice, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017

bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

C'mon, It's hard to get things done while at Mar-a-lago. What with all the golf and new memberships to tend to.

For years, President Donald Trump criticized his predecessor Barack Obama for playing golf while on the job.

"Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf," he tweeted Oct. 13, 2014.

But since taking office, Trump has been a regular visitor at his own golf clubs in Florida and Virginia — so far outpacing Obama in the amount of time he spends on the green.

As Trump’s presidency goes forward, we’ll keep tally of how many times he plays golf and how that compares with Obama at the same point in his presidency on what we’re calling our Trump Golf Tracker."

--- Post Merged, May 12, 2017 ---
    You mean like no underwear?
    --- Post Merged, May 12, 2017 ---
    Maybe he should use an app like notes?

Spell check people... is it just me or is Apple's auto correct a joke?

11. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

It takes a lot of time to watch tv news channels and tweet.
    --- Post Merged, May 14, 2017 ---
    It's a joke
    --- Post Merged, May 14, 2017 ---
    YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS **** (STUFF) UP.

12. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I think it's a great idea. Put every lie in writing. Of course, then he's free to fire whoever typed the lies for getting it wrong - cause he would never look at it before it's sent out to the press.

13. samiwas macrumors 65816

From what I've seen, they just eat it up. I think this is what they wanted. They wanted someone who just acts like a clown and "sticks it to snowflake liberals" because it's funny.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Which makes them sad sad little human beings. Because what they don't realize, is that Donnie boy will be sticking it to them too.