The end of the 60 gig PS3 in the US

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by tim2006, Jul 13, 2007.

1. tim2006 macrumors 6502

2. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

When I finally do get a Ps3 1-2 years from now, I plan on buying a used 20gig anyway. I'm surprised that they're going to cease production on the $499 60gig now, which was a start in terms of getting more people to buy the system.

$599 is too steep IMO no matter what pack-ins or incentives you give. The bottom line price of the system needs to be no more than $499, and optimally - $399 if they really want to start making a dent in the installed userbase of the other two consoles.

So far, Sony's done a few things right, and a lot of things wrong IMO. :rolleyes:

3. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Hopefully this isn't true. If it is, then this is truly bad PR. I'm not believing it until it comes out of SCEA's mouth. I was expecting them to move current 60 GB models with EE+GS out the door, and then replace them with models without the EE+GS. That seems more likely, but that remains to be seen. :rolleyes:

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Yea, not true. They can barely sell them at $499. They're sold out at Circuit City because of the free controller. I still see PS3's in abundance everywhere else.

5. wako macrumors 65816

Im just waiting for the new 80GB version to come out. I hear that one, the controllers will come with the rumble feature that has been missing for so long. And it comes with motorstorm! :D

In the meantime, Ill just continue using my roommates :)

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I heard that's just a rumor...