"The enemy of the American People!"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Feb 17, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Donald Trump has discovered the true enemy of the American People. In a tweet earlier today, he stated:

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @abc, @CBS, @cnn) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

Ok, at some point here, I would like someone to point out to Mr. Trump that he is, in fact, currently the President of the United States. The primary job of the POTUS is to defend our country against our enemies; and so, if the POTUS recognizes a particular group as being the enemy, he is supposed to do something about it. Not just whine on social media, but actually take concrete steps to defeat the enemy.

Trump is still living in his little social world where getting ahead involves putting other people down. Making fun of them, insulting them, complaining about them. He needs to learn that the POTUS is supposed to be a doer, not just a talker. And therefore, that having the POTUS point someone out as a danger to the country means arresting/detaining/otherwise removing that person, not just slandering them...

2. iDemiurge macrumors 6502

iDemiurge

Well, the real enemy of the American people is George Soros, the fake news media are just his mouthpieces

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I would like to point out that Donald Trump is one of the leading purveyors of fake news. Using his logic, shouldn't he be warning the American public about himself?

4. iDemiurge macrumors 6502

iDemiurge

Trump has no logic, he is a direct reaction to the left's relativism. His erratic behavior and constant u-turns are exactly what you guys deserve

5. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Did Trump really Tweet that nonsense? He's clearly lost his mind.

Does Trump really think that the New York Times and CBS News are the "enemies" of the American people? Why? When the Times publishes a story about South Africa considering a minimum wage, or about the district of Hackney becoming a fashion hub in London - how does that hurt the American people? Does Donald Trump have evidence that these stories are untrue, or "fake"? The cover of today's NYT has the Senate vote confirming Scott Pruitt to run the EPA as its lead story. Did the Times just make this up? Is Pruitt not going to run the EPA?

Donald Trump is either psychologically unfit to be President, or he has a very strange idea of what is actually important to Americans.

6. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Yep. IMO special interest groups are likely funding and driving the madness and using the media as their communication arm.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I was one of the people protesting at the Women's March ... and NOBODY paid me a dime to be there.

Which pisses me off, because I could use the dough.

George Soros, you owe me money!!!

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Who are "you guys" in this equation?

10. iDemiurge macrumors 6502

iDemiurge

Soros is paramount among them. Do a research on the man and you'll see that he is behind virtually every leftist organization in America. Global governance? That what he thinks is necessary to take power away from the people. Identity politics? That's his pet project. The man is a real psychopath

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

One can only hope he starts arresting people.

It would be dangerous to allow the enemy of the American people to run amok, destroying this great nation.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 17, 2017 ---
    He's not the one I'm worried about being the psychopath. :cool:

12. iDemiurge macrumors 6502

iDemiurge

There are some who do it for the money, and some who do it for free cause they have little between their ears. Why pay the sheep if paying the shepherds is enough?

13. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Picture of you wearing a pink hat? :oops:

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Was wearing my Pierson's Hardware hat.

piersonsHat.jpg

15. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Well considering the fact that they lie and selective edit interviews, I'm going to go with they aren't exactly friendly.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Again, who is "you guys" in this equation? Do you mean Democrats? Americans? What?

17. iDemiurge macrumors 6502

iDemiurge

Why do you want me to say that I meant some category of people or another? I meant anyone to whom ideology takes the place of reality, anyone to whom PC is more important than facts. If the shoes fit, wear them.

18. vrDrew macrumors 65816

There has not been a full meeting of the National Security Council since Trump took office. The Deputies met exactly once, to discuss the North Korean missile test.

Trump met with Netanyahu and Abe of Japan without anyone from the State Department being present. Trump nominated people to the Cabinet and then shuts them out - like he did with Tillerson.

Trump has plenty of time for angry Tweets about how hurt his feelings are over the news media. He also has time to go on his third taxpayer-funded jaunt to Florida in a row.

It is high time Donald Trump started doing his job. And a big part of that is sitting down in meetings with expert diplomats, intelligence officials, economists, bankers, military officers, law enforcement officials, and lawyers to help craft solutions and responses to the challenges our nation faces.

19. iDemiurge macrumors 6502

iDemiurge

Btw, sorry for being offensive before. But I still stick to the opinion that it was not in your best interest, nor in the best interest of women and the people in general to attend that march. You guys were being used as pawns, mere mass.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 17, 2017 ---
    Trump's job is to not do his job. He's a meta-president. Now if you think this unsettling, remember that it was the liberal elite who created this situation by refusing to let commonsense enter national politics. You govern a country like its Disneyland and you end up with president Mickey Mouse

20. zin macrumors 6502

The 'failing' New York Times and 'very fake news' CNN. At some point this will stop being funny, but not today.

21. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

We know. *Sigh.* We know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The Trump White House still hasn't gotten around to formally Nominating Sonny Perdue to the Senate to be Secretary of Agriculture. (Trump named Perdue as his choice a month ago.)

Did they change their mind? Did they just forget? Do they really not care if our country has an Agriculture Secretary?

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Is agriculture withering away w/o a secretary???

24. iDemiurge macrumors 6502

iDemiurge

Was going to say the same. He makes it sounds like it will stop raining or like farmers will get drunk and forget about harvest without a secretary

25. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright