The Expanse (SyFy Channel)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

Big Enchilada Spoiler
    Anyone care to confirm these plot points?

Julie Mao is onboard an OPA ship called the Scopuli that heads out to intercept a ship called the Anubis coming from a research station (Phoebe) that does secret research and is headed for Eros Station. They discover Anubis is a gun ship, they are boarded, and she is taken prisoner, locked n a room.

However, something on the Anubis gets loose in the Scopilu (by accident or on purpose?) and kills everyone except Julie, locked in a room. Evidence is the growth on Scopuli's reactor discovered by the Canterbury's shuttle crew investigating a distress beacon. The distress beacon is a setup planted by Anubis crew members to lure a ship, the Canterbury? This appears to be chance and Canterbury's bad luck.

As part of a plot to start a war between Earth and Mars, the Anubis (owned by unknown players) with stealth capabilities nukes the Canterbury, an ice hauler headed for Ceres Station, which investigates the beacon. The Canterbury's shuttle crew escapes, until they apprehended by a Martian Warship, the Donnager.

Phase two of starting an Earth-Mars war, a group of other similar highly advanced ships, attack and defeat the Donnager. However before they can take control of the Doniger, the skipper initiates a self destruct, with all hands on board. It's unknown how many of the stealth ships are destroyed in the explosion, if any? Prior to the explosion, the Canterbury's crew escapes in a Martian gunship carried onboard the Donnager.

Back on the Scopuli, whatever was onboard the Anubis got loose, and ate the crew. Julie breaks out of the room she is locked in, witnesses the horror, takes the Anubis and parks it on an isolated asteroid, activating a specialized beacon for the OPA to find. She then takes an Anubis shuttle and goes to Eros, where she discovers she is sick too.

So far so good? :)

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Well, looks like season 2 got off to quite a start with what feels like a more dynamic and interesting pacing to the story.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I hope so. I was ready to give up the show until the season finale. It finally tied things together and picked up the pace enough to give me hope.

4. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

Thanks for the reminder. I did not have this qued to record. :)

5. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

I have to say that I'm enjoying this season quite a bit so far, probably somewhat more than the first one.

6. joy.757 macrumors regular

I really loved the Navoo launch sequence. I dunno why, but it made me realise the amount of coordination and planning that must go on behind the scenes. Iirc, the books do not go into that detail. It was brilliant.

7. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

Thread revival.
    I discovered there are 3 Seasons of The Expanse on Amazon Prime. I read the first book and enjoyed it, so I’m going to try this series again.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I really like this series. Can’t wait to see season 4.

9. Huntn, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019

Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

I did not know that Amazon saved this series. Season 4 is scheduled for sometime 2019. I’m on S1E2, E1 was a blast. :)
    ‘The Expanse’: Amazon TV Co-Head On “Expansive” Season 4 & Its Target Premiere Date – TCA
    https://deadline.com/2019/02/expanse-season-4-premiere-date-1202556783/

10. stillcrazyman macrumors 68020

stillcrazyman

Just finished Season 3. A very well written and produced series. I'd like to see where things will go from here. The end of Season 3 left it open. Wide open.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That is great to hear!

12. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

Just finished Season 1, it’s true to book and excellently done. On to Season 2! :)

9627E14E-8152-4FEA-B4D7-D970499CD0AF.jpeg

Season 2 Trailer (spoiler for season 1) ​

13. MisterSavage macrumors 6502a

MisterSavage

14. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

I just finished Season 2. What is interesting to me is that the first time I watched this, I decided I did not like it, but I the read the first book, and am now vested in the series. :)