The face of traditional conservatives

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sydde, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Yes, I know, old news, but David Broder has been considered a conservative standard bearer for quite a long time.

So, when he offers advice to the president, it should be given due weight.

Hmm, not entirely sure of the historical accuracy of that. On a par with "FDR's policies caused the crash of '29", I would say.
    I am doubting this. I believe I saw a quote from Boehner, that the foremost goal of the Republicans is to see that Obama does not get re-elected.
    Odd. Sure sounds like you are.
    "Greatest threat", that is amusing. If you were posting that on PRSI, you would have to provide a lot of evidence to support your case. And then there is the issue of what happens when .us strives to make the world safer - the record has not been a very good one.

Can anyone convince that me this guy does not need to retire now or sooner?

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Another one who's lost his mind. Wow- start a war with Iran? Really? Wow. The insanity never stops, does it? If we did that, I think we would face massive opposition from the rest of the world on a huge scale- not to mention the same domestically.

And you are right, the Republicans are only interested in one thing- getting the White House back. If you think for one second that they care about what's good for this country and it's people, you're fooling yourself.

3. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Not to mention we can't afford it.

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I think its highly unlikely that Obama would be willing to start a war with Iran. He's not a warhawk and actually cares about the ramifications of such an action on our country and the world.

In any case, in the current economic environment its hard to imagine people of either party supporting another expensive war.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Am I the only one bothered by the way Broder suggests that Obama should focus on what is politically expedient for him and the Republicans, instead of what is best for the country?

6. Queso macrumors G4

They'll do what they did last time. Borrow, borrow and borrow again, then blame the next guy for the debt.

7. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

Anyone who claims (and actually believes) that Iran of all countries is the greatest threat facing the world instantly loses all credibility.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Who will loan them the money for it?

9. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

See, if they could figure out how to avoid dumping money down dark little bog holes like Xe, KBR and Wackenhut, maybe it would cost a few hundred billion less. You win a war, you are supposed to recoup your costs, at least discreetly. The last couple of wars were just corporate welfare.

How about a threat?

10. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Don't worry, we can just cut taxes!

11. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I have to disagree.

Regardless of whether you believe WWII had anything to do with the economic recovery (and many do), it at least happened during the same period of time. FDR wasn't even President in '29. :rolleyes:

12. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

How the Hell are they going to sell Iran bombing Pearl Harbour???

13. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

They are a very small threat. They have very little to no military power whatsoever, certainly not when compared to the US.

14. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

on the other hand, more than enough military power that they could disrupt the flow of oil through the Strait of Hormuz with little effort