The FBI Our Savior? I’ll Say Yes.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Mar 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I am so greatful that the entire US Government has not been subverted by wholesale partisan corruption, but I’ll observe that we as a society are in serious danger of destroying our Democracy by partisanship and electing people to the Congress and specifically the Presidency who have ZERO regard for the rule of law. For Trump, his rule of law, is whoever I can corrupt, who I can fool, and whatever I can get away with.

Thank you Republicans, James Comey and Robert Mueller.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yeah, quite the savior is our FBI. [/sarcasm]

I have one savior, Jesus Christ.

fbi.jpg fbi2.jpg fbi3.jpg

3. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

This is such an outstanding post illustrating how in some partisan conservative corners the FBI has gone from being Republican heroes to being villains because they are investigating a corrupt jackass with an R after his name. Your last cartoon is a doozy. Thanks! :)

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sorry I had the nerve to disagree with your assessment of the FBI as saviors. They certainly were on the ball concerning Cruz.

5. Huntn, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018

Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

Please, stop with the injecting of personal emotions into your post about how you think I feel when your posts disagree with me.

You posted a carton that shows the entire FBI focused on Trump, while committing it’s own treason, which is a deceitful, over the top partisan falsehood serving to undermine the FBI and push the gun lobby agenda.

6. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

And once again, you fail to say anything regarding the Cruz case. So no, even without the partisan tactics of some of the top people in the FBI, I don't view them as anyone's saviors.

8. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

They are mostly Republican (Comey, Mueller, etc.). Because they are investigating Trump, that makes them partisan?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 4, 2018 ---
    The FBI probably gets an almost unmanageable number of reports every year about people like Cruz. They are not perfect, so I don't see the need for some people to be smearing them other than the fact that they are investigating Trump and to divert the discussion from gun control.

9. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

They don't need to be saviors. They just need to do their jobs. Just like weekly garbage collectors are not saviors. Garbage collectors just need to do their jobs. And the postal workers (the mail man) are not saviors. But I expect the mail man to deliver my mail and just do his job.

So the bigmouth POTUS should just shut up and let the FBI and Mueller do their job.

10. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

Once again?
    The focus of this thread is National Security and the FBI’s role in efforts resisting Russia having their way with us. This is documented, this is a National threat. We have a President who is in bed with Russians either knowingly or unknowingly. I view the FBI as one of the primary roadblocks to future Russian interference in our Democracy and I am grateful.

Your response is to critique the FBI as the organization who shoulders primary blame for the Florida shooting, yes? What about the entire gun availability, gun regulation ball of wax debate? I said your cartoon was misleading. I will acknowledge FBI’s tip line failed to identify and act on Cruz. Here is an article about it, but again, this is not my focus in this thread.

What you need to know about the FBI tip line that failed in the Florida shooting
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...i-tip-line-failed-florida-shooting/352250002/
    I would describe our Executive Branch as compromised, hence the FBI could very well act as saviors if we cherish the survival of our Democracy.

11. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Comey a savior? Then he was certainly well disguised. Or you’ve been drinking more than me!

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Strzok being a lead investigator in anything pretty much refutes this entire post.

13. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

sitting on a beach watching a DC simulation ...
    The two biggest internal opponents of the FBI:
    1. Politics
    2. Complacency

We have see a bit too much of that lately...

14. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

He is kept detailed notes of Trump's attempts to cow, corrupt and then fire him, testified before Congress and I'm sure this info was passed in detail to Mueller.

15. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I havent a clue what youre trying to say here. Could you say it again and just be clear?

16. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

You mean like Nunes leading an investigation?

17. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Your interpretation, interjecting emotion.

18. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

Yes, the detailed notes comment was especially infused with emotion.

19. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

1. The FBI is part of the Executive Branch.
    2. Comey is/was subordinate to Trump.
    3. The President can request, cow, or directly issue the Director of the FBI orders. It’s within his Constitutional authority.

20. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

The FBI as a whole is a good organization. Except primarily with the FBI leadership which I believe is corrupt.

21. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I agree completely.

22. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

If he had done this correctly with some method to factually verify what he noted and had treated them as FBI material .. maybe. That he didn’t leaves these open to political interpretation. How detailed is open to interpretation.

The fact you place such emphasis on this, makes them emotional in your post.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Comey or any FBI Director serves at the pleasure of the President. Trump didn't need any reason to fire him.

24. Huntn, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018

Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

He can’t ask for personal loyalty as a privaledge above the law, at least in any law abiding way.
    Your opinion.
    This is not some new surprise. What is unacceptable is the lengths he went to to deceive about why, lie, and then admit, the reason was all a charade, besides asking for personal loyalty like a mafia Don.

25. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Do you wish to make a clear point (post 15), or challenge anything in post 11 or 19?