The Final Month..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stefan109, Aug 16, 2012.

1. stefan109 macrumors member

Jun 15, 2010
    And it comes round again. I have just sold my 4S in anticipation of the 5 (or whatever it will be called).

Cue the 1 month every year where I resort back to my Nokia. It's a hard life.
  2. iPusch macrumors 6502

May 30, 2012
    Manhattan, New York
    Still have my iPhone 3G, that's a hard time you won't believe it.
  3. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Dec 23, 2008
    London, UK
    "It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN, taraaaraaa tararararaaa, tararaaaa
  4. stefan109 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 15, 2010
    Your patience has been noted :D
  5. BmoreDrumGuy macrumors regular

Mar 12, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    I can definitely relate to this one. Sold my iPhone 4 recently, and put my sim back into my 1st generation iPhone. Talk about an experience to frustrate you to no end. It's running 3.1, I believe, but unbelievably slow and gimped compared to the most modern iOS. It's amazing to think we thought it was good back then! The Horror....the horror...
  6. aneftp macrumors 601

Jul 28, 2007
    Not sure original iphone can be downgraded to iphone os 2.xx.

It seems iphone operating system (iphone OS/ios) seems to work well for one version above original version.

iPhone 3GS runs very well on IOS 4 but so so (to me) on iOS5.
    Same for iPhone 3G (runs well on iOS 3) but horrible on iOS4.
  7. Reason077 macrumors 68010

Aug 14, 2007
    I keep an old iPhone 3G for testing apps, and have found that the iPhone 3G performance problems on iOS 4 (it gets slower and slower over time) can be fixed by turning off Location Services.

Wow. Will your 4S really be worth that much less in a month compared to now? Surely the small difference in value isn't worth not having an iPhone for a month! :eek:
  8. 1080p macrumors 68020

Mar 17, 2010
    Planet Earth
    $100 difference is too big for me. I am rocking a $20 AT&T Samsung GoPhone Flip. Just put my SIM from my iPhone into it. The funny thing is that with Best Buy's 30 day return policy, I can just return it to get my $20 back. :D
  9. BmoreDrumGuy macrumors regular

Mar 12, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    I picked up that same phone...couldn't take using the 1st iPhone any longer. This will work for calls and texting until the 5 comes out.