The First Cities To Be Nuked

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Oct 17, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/terrorism-war/the-first-cities-to-be-nuked/

dang, I am in the blast area :(
    yes it's a blog, don't care what clown you are voting for so let's not make it about who can get us nuked. the internet is serious stuff I tell you.

so I can take the 15 fwy out but I am not sure how much time I have after the nuke hits.

full size map
    [​IMG]

2. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

in SoCal traffic? If you haven't already left already, it's too late :p

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

can you please play along for once?

I mean you are a mole just trying to get me to stay and die aren't you? :mad:

5. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

If they do, their country is going to cease to exist.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

so will ours, earth wins with a large trim in the population ...........:eek:

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

They must really want to improve Detroit they plan on hitting them twice!

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we are going to stop hearing things about FL as well :p

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Russia hates the blue hairs.

10. jerwin, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016

jerwin macrumors 65816

Of course you live in the "blast area". 128 million people do. And if a few million people in one of those target zones decamped en masse to Alaska, maybe there would be a yellow dot around Anchorage.

The survivalist fantasy relies on the myth that the city is a uniquely dangerous place, a "target rich environment" where we're not supposed to be. What better way to reinforce that perception than by hypothesizing that by becoming a top-30 MSA, the community has become a target for some "planner" who likes to kill people instead of targeting military installations such as Ellsworth AFB, or Minot AFB, or any of the numerous other military installations in flyover country.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Toronto looks safe, id probably drive a little further north to avoid the radioactive people trying to escape.

12. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Just dig a hole and get in it. You'll be fine.

I'm good as long as that crap doesn't drift up the 15 like everything else does.

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I'm inclined to agree although Trump has 22 days to make a deal with some rogue to try to light up the rest of the GOP before he sheds the last veil and shows us his tiny hands clasping an m-80 firecracker he plans personally to toss into Paul Ryan's trashcans out back of his House. What a mensch, The Donald, he will surely be missed. By cartoonists.

As you pointed out, you're citing a blog. Further, it's a survivalist blog that seems to have been written by people living in a constant bubble of oh man oh man the terror the terror what to do, stock up, dig deep.

But okay I'll play. I guess I wouldn't sit around playing "On the Beach" on my laptop. Looks like New Brunswick would still be a good place to hang out for awhile until the wind brought the bad news. Probably some traffic up through Maine...

Could just stay here a bit past the edge of the NY MSA kill zone and eat the winter pantry? Yeah, eat the salmon first, save the canned beans for the survivalists who came through looking for something better than whatever freeze-dried camp rations they had stashed away all these years. Or should I share the salmon? I usually have a few gallons of bottled water sitting around since our village water gets a busted main now and then. So they could at least mix up their mixupable packets of whatever. I could finally try that curried thing people say is not that bad.

I dunno man, why can't we just all get along instead. Seems simpler.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

The map is BS. Hawaii would be the first hit.

15. LIVEFRMNYC, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016

LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

That's one thing I hate about living in NYC. We are the #1 target.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It's not like it's a sane thing to start a nuclear war with a superpower so you could be right.

Why would they not go for broke though; Hawaii doesn't really seem spectacular enough, but it could be a pragmatic target for its accessibility. Also, we were surprised once in Pearl Harbor, so maybe we're not all that sleepy out there any more.

May as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb, so a striker could opt for LA or NY, Chicago, Miami.... and then throw everything else they had anywhere at all, since next there'd be ours heading in to obliterate them.

Really we have to hope for the planet that some rogue doesn't manage to get a big one off to a metro area anywhere in any country. The possibilities for a misunderstanding by superpowers could be pretty high in the minutes after such an event.

17. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I'm right between the White House and the Pentagon... pretty sure we'd be in the first round.

18. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

so basically wherever there's an apple store

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

When I lived in the city I figured ok well I'd probably never know what hit me. Seemed good as opposed to being here about 160 miles away and sure to get poisoned by it and go the hard way. I can't figure out why people in the city think they could get in the car and go someplace anyway, like if you lived out on the island someplace. Hell, stay home, break out the good chocolate...

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm not hoping it happens but Pearl is a huge naval asset to the US in the Pacific. It would be crippling to lose it.

21. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

PACOM and the Pacific fleet Hawaii would go quick. If they hit there, SOCAL, and Va our Navy would cease to exist in any real sense. That's where I would aim first since they project the power.

22. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Poor Alaska ... no one bothered putting it on a small square on the map. So either it's the first to be destroyed completely, and thus not on the map; or it's already destroyed by Sarah Palin and we have a fictitious 49th state; or it's too beautiful to be destroyed and our enemies have a heart.

23. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Sarah Palin is so damn hot.

24. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Erm... nothing centred on Norfolk VA? Unreliable source.

25. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Nobody cares about the gulf coast, apparently. I might just stay. Of course, it's still safer where I'm going should the dangerous candidate win.