The Fix Here’s the growing list of big-name Republicans supporting Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Jul 27, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-name-republicans-supporting-hillary-clinton/

Article has more...

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Given so few of the republicans (or big donors) want Trump to win its hard to believe they in any way coordinated these DNC email hacks. Odd.

3. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

yeah hes doing that himself

5. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Oh, Trump definitely does damaging things to his own campaign. No doubt.

6. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

If these people were basically sitting on their hands and staying home on Election Day, it would not be damaging.

Actively endorsing Trump's opponent? Broadsided by a torpedo. Next stop, Shark City.

7. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Republican establishment traitors endorsing the Democratic candidate who 99.99999% of Republicans hate worse than they hate Obama is a Trump-damaging ‘broadside torpedo’? Haha! :p You’re way out of touch.

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Oh no, Henry Paulson--the poster child for Wall Street greed and architect of the U.S. economy's financial near-meltdown--is supporting Hillary.

Well, who did you expect him to support?

9. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

That kind of faulty thinking is why Trump torpedoed an entire field of Republican competition, establishment and otherwise, and is the GOP nominee.

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Exactly. They still don't get it.

11. boast macrumors 65816

boast

If those guys align more with Hilary than Trump, it seems like Trump is the one to vote for!

12. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Beat me to it, with friends like Paulson, who needs enemies.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

establishment neocons supporting hillary should be cause for concern to liberals.

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I'm shocked, shocked that Wall Street criminals and neocons are supporting Hillary.

15. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

And virtually the whole establishment of the UK, the Church, the judges, big business, politicians of all colours and the media advised us to remain in the EU.

Best to think for yourself.

16. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

great beatles song

17. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

That kind of faulty thinking is why selling the Brooklyn Bridge and those Nigerian banks are so popular: because there are plenty of suckers out there and Trump knew where to find them.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yeap, something Hillary can't do :p

19. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Those who vote for the nominee are suckers? Hillary voters and supporters are suckers? Gotcha.

20. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My understanding it was the Russians along with a personal invite (I heard) from Mt Trump this morning to please snoop around some more. o_O

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Don't worry one day he will become an adult.

22. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Possibly.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

if you make it to 50 w/o becoming one you no longer have to, I only have 5 more years to go :D

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

People like to dismiss these people who are crossing party lines as some sort of horrible evil "establishment" types but fail to realize that average Republican voters feel the same way too. I happen to know some. How many? Well I guess we won't know until Election Day. But I think when members of your own party announce they won't vote for you and will vote for the other party instead, it's not a good thing.

I'm not concerned that some people are looking for a leader that is more experienced and is more careful with her words. I am not concerned that they think Hillary is more qualified and has a better temperament to be President than the bull in the China shop who offers too few details of policy. I am not concerned that they might want someone who doesn't rip people off in fraudulent schemes. Or might be afraid that Trump is a little too cozy with Russia. Or might start trade wars as a solution to economic problems. Or promises to build a wall and deport massive numbers of people which will add to the deficit. Or who thinks NATO doesn't much matter anymore.

I welcome these voters with open arms much as Trump welcomes Bernie supporters.

25. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

They’re on the Rob Americans for Trillions Gravy Train, not the Trump Train. For them, Hillary is business as usual and good for all those who profit from endless conflicts and wars.