The genius behind 'switch'

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
Austin, TX
I've heard alot of people bad-mouthing all of the 'switchers' that Apple has featured, saying that they look like losers, but there is one thing that I haven't ever heard anyone say about them, and that's that 'they're just actors, and haven't really switched to a Mac.' These commercials are convincing people that no matter how dumb the guy looks, or how stoned the girl is, they are happier, and leading better lives because they switched to a Mac...

You know that the dull dell dude only uses a dell (if he uses one at all) because dell pays him up the nose...

Watching the newest line of switch commercials, it makes me really want to go back to a PC...

So that I can switch back to using a Mac, just for the fun of it! It seems so exciting...

Computer_Phreak

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2002
im a switcher myself, and it is pretty exiting at first, but then its just the usual, only slightly more fun than a peecee. i find i use my mac more than i did my peecee.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Not saying it isn't ...

And the smiley face definitely is NOT trying to look up Steven's dress.

Rockridge

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2002
Re: The genius behind 'switch'

Originally posted by G4scott
I've heard alot of people bad-mouthing all of the 'switchers' that Apple has featured, saying that they look like losers...

They're worse then losers... they look brain dead... on drugs... stupid... dorky...

Is that what Job's thinks of the PC world... that world that OWN'S the computer market!

The ad's are insulting.... they can't possibly be working...
except if your into abuse.

Wait and see....

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
the switch ads may be real people, but i don't really care one way or another...they may look dorky, but that does not matter either

i think the ads are effective because each one points out the flaws in pcs and the ease of using macs...finally, apple has something that addresses "why" as compared to some esoteric view of an imac spinning around with retro rock music in the background

now with the ads, prospective computer buyers can realize what a mac can do and what we knew all along:)

Chisholm

macrumors regular
May 31, 2002
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I liked the last ad campain myself. The switch ads are growing on me slowly, like somekind of cybermold. I agree with a previous post that its good that Apple is pointing out WHY people should look at Macs. I think the most important thing they can do in the next 3 months is to saturate the media with ads. Maybe venture into some radio ads where there are actual stores close by (if they aren't already, I'm in Alabama, Steve won't build one here).

cheers!

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
i think the new ones are fake. which is fine by me. no one said commercials have to be real. every other commercial uses actors. i don't like the new ones though, except Ellen Feiss. that on's pretty funny. that cop one irriatates me though. not sure why, maybe the accent.

macmax

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2002
caribbean
Re: The genius behind 'switch'

Originally posted by G4scott
I've heard alot of people bad-mouthing all of the 'switchers' that Apple has featured, saying that they look like losers, but there is one thing that I haven't ever heard anyone say about them, and that's that 'they're just actors, and haven't really switched to a Mac.' These commercials are convincing people that no matter how dumb the guy looks, or how stoned the girl is, they are happier, and leading better lives because they switched to a Mac...

You know that the dull dell dude only uses a dell (if he uses one at all) because dell pays him up the nose...

Watching the newest line of switch commercials, it makes me really want to go back to a PC...

gasppppppp!!!!!!!

So that I can switch back to using a Mac, just for the fun of it! It seems so exciting...
ufffffff!
thanks god,i almost melted myself of anger,hahhahha!!!

jvaska

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2002
Haiti/NYC
www.iswitched.com is available...but i bet they want $5000 for it...

i think macrumors should have an "iswitched" contest...we could all make our own little advertisements...hehe...

what would the winner get?

jv

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Originally posted by jvaska
www.iswitched.com is available...but i bet they want $5000 for it...

i think macrumors should have an "iswitched" contest...we could all make our own little advertisements...hehe...

what would the winner get?

jv

Ughh.. we did have a contest like that..but now its long gone.. it was called the Macrumors Switch Video Contest...

Sorry if you're new, I didn't mean to sound offending...

irmongoose

jvaska

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2002
Haiti/NYC
haha...sorry i missed it...

i've been working in europe...and only recently have had time to surf much...

darn...wish i wouldn't have missed that...jv

Here&There

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2002
nyc
Re: Re: The genius behind 'switch'

Originally posted by Rockridge
]
They're worse then losers... they look brain dead... on drugs... stupid... dorky...
[/B]
aren't most of the people like that??