The Gold 5s thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by randy98mtu, Sep 20, 2013.

1. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

So has anyone actually got a gold phone in their possession yet? We keep hearing there were 2-3 available in some locations. One has to be with a MacRumors member! I'd be interested in hearing impressions and seeing some (more) pictures.

2. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

I'll post pictures later but I was able to grab the last 64gb gold AT&T model at one of the NYC stores today. It's a beautiful shade; not even remotely bright gold. In fact, in some light, it almost borders on silver. Champagne-colored is a much better description than gold in my opinion; it's a subtle, subtle tint of color and is quite nice.

3. randy98mtu thread starter macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Awesome and congrats on the grab! I was one of the lucky few who got a 1-3 day shipping order at 3am. I just went to Best Buy and playing with their silver demo I was happy with my choice for a white faced device and glad I ordered the gold so I wasn't tempted to compromise and get the silver if they had it in stock (which he said they had in some combinations.)

4. Amenite macrumors newbie

My store in San Diego had around 4 gold ATT 5s' :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

6. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

Better than my AT&T, they had ZERO iPhone 'S' models.

…but they would order one for you.

I left the store empty handed and it's Apples lose. Guess I'll keep my money.

7. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a