The Google apps for iPad…seriously lacking.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by doug in albq, May 2, 2010.

1. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

really disappointed with Googles non-attempt at writing some great apps specifically for the iPad.

Must be the newly re-defined relationship between Google and Apple…:confused:

2. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

In a way, I'm actually grateful about the relative fail of google docs (specifically text docs) on the iPad. My husband and I had a lot of shared docs for things like household shopping lists and itineraries, and this made me go out and make much better use of the tech we have---sync'd shared calendars and such. the way we were using google docs was kind of dumb, in retrospect.

In other words, if neither google nor apple are gonna make the effort, other solutions will fill the gap instead.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It may also be a bit early yet. Now that google has become enormous and has had a few blunders (buzz) they are likely to be more conservative before launching products.

4. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

I am also disappointed with Apple's non-attempt in porting iTunes to Android. ;)

5. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

The Missing Sync for Android has my Droid happily full-up with my iTunes and other Mac stuff ... :)

But it is a real shame not to be able to edit Google Apps on the iPad ... will have to look at an alternative ...