The GOP Convention

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AhmedFaisal, Aug 8, 2012.

1. AhmedFaisal Guest

Reading this amusing piece on how Romney is trying with all his might to hide his party's embarrassments:

Newt Gingrich, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Donald Trump, Herman Cain, Chris Christie.... the list of non-speakers grows.... and good, if there was any notion that any of this trash was considered for a role in a conservative government, I would lobby my home country to break all ties with the US for the duration of such government until the US came back to it's senses.

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Non-speakers? But but but...just yesterday I heard Donald Trump say he is in negotiations for a "major role" at the convention. :D

Bet it pans out just like the investigators he sent to Hawaii to dig up dirt on Obama and "you won't believe what they found". He was right about that at least...I don't believe non-existing investigations where the stuff they "found" is never released. The man is such an embarrassment.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Is this true? That many of the tea party-type luminaries (if you can use that expression with them) aren't willing to speak for Romney?

If so, not a good sign for him.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

The GOP (by which I mean those in power, not average voters) have become the caricatures once used to point out the ridiculousness of some of their views.

That. is. scary.

5. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I think some Democrat Super Pac should pay for and put on a convention for those on the right who are being left out. They should invite Palin, Newt, Santorum, etc... Give them all the time and publicity they want.

Oh, one of the Koch brothers is a GOP delagate to the convention.