The GOP/Tea Party Must Be Pro-Abortion. I Guess?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bobber205, Apr 7, 2011.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Or just, uh.... not smart?

Trying to kill planned parenthood = less birth control available = more abortions.

That's just common sense. I know they're all about abstinence being the best option but come on!

It's not the only option. Jees. :rolleyes:

How dumb can a party/movement be? Are they just refusing to think more than the one superficially thin layer of preventing Planned Parenthood providing abortions? Is that what they think PP just does?

I'm so confused.

2. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I really don't understand the move to kill planned parenthood. Any way you look at it, killing it would lead to more unwanted pregnancies... which is probably a big contributor to abortions. :p

I think Republicans just have this weird vision for America where everyone is capable and responsible. We're not. So we need planned parenthood.

3. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

People won't have sex if they aren't educated about birth control.

4. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

ya that must be it. before planned parent hood people did not have sex till after marriage or even then. surprised humans survived at all.

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

We need a body count clock, to record the incidence of deaths of pregnant girls, caused by botched 'back-room' abortions. :mad:

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Please...don't give them a challenge.

7. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

That's not how I remember high school. :p

8. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

the thing is the fundamentalists don't want birth control they want woman to breed like rabbits.
    Want to see examples look at the dugger family and the quiverful movement and vision forums. Armies for god poor uneducated ignorant warriors. Thats what the tea party is after.

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

the hill

I think maybe if you're cutting 4 trillion from the budget, every single item would be effected. If we cut defense spending does that mean we want to be attacked?

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

What are you talking about, 4 trillion? This is an argument over the CURRENT budget (we are half way through this budget year without one). The Tea Party Republicans are holding America hostage over ideology.

11. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

Wouldn't be much of a challenge for them :D

12. Xeperu macrumors 6502

I always have to laugh a bit about American politics, on one side you have the liberal bunch working hard destroy the country economically, on the other side you got religious crackpots working hard to destroy the country socially.

Humans should have the full right to decide over their own bodies, that includes planned parenthood and abortions.

13. Squadleader macrumors regular

The argument is using Tax Dollars to pay for the abortions as it is forbidden by Federal Law for Planned Parenthood to use the funding in that way...of course they have found ways around it, which is the cause for concern..Me personally, I am on the fence on the entire issue as I am not a woman. That stated, I don't believe abortions should be used as a birth control device either....

14. Squadleader macrumors regular

It is statement like this that actually push fence sitters over the edge...Is not a beating heart within a womb not human...?? It is not my intention to rehash what is life, when is life ect. As I has said previously, being I'm not a woman and I'm not all that sure a males opinion even matters, unless your the father of course....

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Ah, but they believe they own you, from birth, whether they are government or religion.

The only people that should have a say about how you choose to conduct your life, IMO, are your progenitors. And this is with limits.

<aside>

If they have created an abomination to society (a convicted killer), then they, and they alone, should be able to "pull the plug", the better to erase their 'miscue'.

</aside>

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Yes. And ...?

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Created by Humans, yes. A person, no.

18. Squadleader macrumors regular

Originally Posted by Xeperu View Post
    "Humans should have the full right to decide over their own bodies, that includes planned parenthood and abortions."

Apparently HIS statement only means some humans.....

19. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

Using that logic, military funding is supposed to pay for troops and operations but I'm sure they've found ways around it. Business subsidies are supposed to catalyze business but I'm sure it's being abused as well. So just like Rep Jim Jordan, I'm not going bother providing any evidence of corruption - I'll just throw out a platitude like "money is fungible," argue we should cut off funding, and act like people who don't agree with me are idiots.

Meanwhile, there's no actual proof that Planned Parenthood is funding abortions with taxdollars. But I guess that's not important.

And in the bigger picture, all this abortion debate being pushed by the Republicans ignores the fact that the topic of abortion is a totally marginal to what Planned Parenthood does. I'm a guy and I used Planned Parenthood in my early 20's for STD testing. My girlfriend used Planned Parenthood for pap smears and once, after she went in with a UTI, they were able to diagnose she had HPV and give her a treatment plan.

I really can't understand why most of the GOP doesn't see value in a social service that provides education, counseling, diagnosis and treatment when this is all blatantly obvious to anyone who's ever walked into a Planned Parenthood waiting room. Maybe they don't get laid enough to care.

On that note, I respect Scott Brown a lot more now.

20. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

OK, time to lead your Squad over to the PC forums.

You will have no luck here, with your selective definition of 'Human'.

21. Squadleader macrumors regular

Typical ...Your not even sure why your throwing insults..Perhaps if your mother thought you weren't yet human we wouldn't be having this one sided conversation.....Enjoy yourself

22. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I may, or may not, have been a 'whoops', but that is no concern to me now.

How about you??

23. bizzle macrumors 6502a

It's not the job of the government (or government funded agencies) to teach people how to not get knocked up and give out birth control. I don't have any objections to this. I don't pay taxes so Sally doesn't pop out another unit.

24. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

But another unit is just what the 'system' requires of Sally, poor girl.

You could do with a crash course in Economics, not that I agree with what they are trying to achieve.

25. bizzle, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011

bizzle macrumors 6502a

I am not saying no one should produce children. I am just saying its not the job of the government to make sure people are only cranking out units when they are "ready". Its called personal responsibility. If you get knocked up, deal with it. It's usually your own fault. Maybe your parents should have taught you to keep your pants on. It's not up the the government to teach you these things.