The GOP's Outreach

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Apr 10, 2013.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So the national GOP tells us they are going to do a better job of reaching out to women, minorities, gays and others in an effort to make their tent larger. I just laugh at the handful of local GOP stories everyday that contradict that. Feel free to post others.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Link

2. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

"I have a friend that happens to be black"

Like it was a f**kin' accident!

- Carlin

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Are you sure this isn't from the onion? Because that's the only way this makes sense...

4. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

The GOP is a collapsing/failing party.

They are on the wrong side of history.

5. gibbz macrumors 68030

Pay attention to what they are doing instead of what they are saying.

Since the big loss in November, the GOP claimed it would reach out to women, minorities, and would shift the focus from social issues to jobs and the economy.

Yet, nationwide, they GOP has:
    • passed or pursued bills to further restrict women's access to abortion
    • reaffirmed their position on limiting or banning same-sex benefits/marriage/unions - going so far in some cases to associate homosexuality with beastiality or pedophilia.
    • used racially insensitive language regarding hispanics and have reaffirmed their distaste of immigration reform
    • largely refused to discuss common sense gun safety reforms
    • made every effort to hold the legislative process hostage
    • continued to pursue voting restrictions
    • wasted tax payer money on unconstitutional nullification laws regarding healthcare
    • wasted tax payer money on drug testing for welfare
    • wasted tax payer money to unconstitutionally establish a state religion in North Carolina
    • etc...

They are continuing to alienate their party with an ever-changing U.S. population.

6. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It's really weird to read terms like "colored" today. It would be like "Oriental". I mean the last time I heard either of those words, they were spoken by people who were in their 80s when I was a kid. Edit: thinking of specific people, thus the second referenced word. I would think being involved in politics, he would updated his vocabulary several decades ago.

7. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Today, we reach out to the gay community.

What a disgusting and vile human being.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Religious people citing "facts"???

It's interesting that they seem to have a whole different vocabulary from the rest of the world....

9. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Today, we reach out to 'vaginas' with the help of New Hampshire Rep. Watrous.

Link

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Hmm.. could a whole entire political party be the subject in the next installment of "The American Dick" series?

BL.

11. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I don't care about catering to the stupidity of the masses.

Focus on the expansion of civil rights and individual freedom for American citizens, limited federal power, and the current state of the economy and national debt.

12. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

My theory is that eventually the GOP will have to ditch their fundamentalist Christian white guy approach, and start to embrace scientific evidence and logical thinking or they will not survive.

I'm kind of hope they go by the way side and we expand our nations political system into a several party system, instead of just two.

13. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I don't think the GOP is the party for those concerns. Then again, I'm not sure the Democratic party is the right one either.

14. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

"Outreach" metaphorically implies using your arms/hands. By metaphorical extension, the GOP is a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Today, we reach out to the Jews

16. pdjudd macrumors 601

Unfortunately, most third party's out there would have to be more than single or few topic parities otherwise they will never survive. One reason out two party system survives is that they co-opt elements of other parties when they prove to be remotely popular.

17. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

The real driver of the two party system is the way our elections are structured. If a ballot selected more than one person as a representative, or if we had some form of vote-proxy distribution, or both, there would be more diversity in congress. Winner take all tends to whittle down the probabilities.

18. pdjudd macrumors 601

19. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Mark Rubio, Bobby Jengal (sp?), and (shudder) Ted Cruz, proof that the conservatives will do anything to forward their agenda, even hide behind ethnic minority faces.

20. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

That's the real tragedy. Lots of pandering, very little leadership, copious corruption.

21. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... 95135.html
    What could possibly be missing from those factual tales of successful retreat in VT, Germany, and the bowels of Amsterdam? Why children and vagina's of course. While the tales relate the actions of a solitary male the outcome cannot relate to similar situations where children and women and mothers are the potential victims.

got to love the back stepping. how can it be misinterpreted??

Hansen initially did not back down. But on Tuesday, he claimed his comments were misinterpreted and he apologized "to those who took offense."

"Can there be any doubt my comment is being misinterpreted and taken completely out of context?" Hansen said in a statement. "It was not, and is not, my intention to demean women at any time. It is apparent that the intent of my remarks has been misinterpreted, the true goal of the message lost and for that I apologize to those who took offense."

22. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Excuse me, but didn't millions of Democrats vote for a white felon in prison or anybody-but-Obama rather than vote for Obama in the 2012 primaries?

The Ku Klux Klan wouldn't accept member who were Republicans, only Democrats.

And speaking of the KKK, it's the Democrat party that's been electing former KKK members in the 21st century, not Republicans.

Racism is rife in the Democrat party.

23. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I have no idea who you are referring too. Names please.

P-Worm

24. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I believe he is referring to Robert Byrd (D). The longest serving senator in US history who in his early years was in the KKK.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_byrd

25. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Link

Link

Link

As for the other stuff, Robert Byrd, ex KKK Grand Cyclops or some such nonsense, was elected again and again by the good Democrats of WV. He had to die in office for America to be rid of him! And more recently, an ex-Grand Dragon was running for office in Florida as a Democrat.