The gravitational center of the Republican Party is White Nationalism

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bent christian, Aug 1, 2016.

1. bent christian, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

[​IMG]

2. 5684697 Suspended

Vox is hilarious. It's a USA Today level version of Slate/Salon designed to inculcate lazy millenials with propaganda. Racist party? Has Vox ever researched the blatant racism of the southern Democratic party in the 60's. Republicans passed the Civil Rights legislation while Democrats backed segregation. The articles cites as evidence against are actually evidence for! Typical, lazy Vox. They assume their readers won't look any deeper.

The GOP is loudly rejecting Trump from stem to stern. Did you notice all of the GOP players that skipped the convention? Trump is pissed at the GOP and vowing revenge. Meanwhile, we get this idiotic article using a imaginary conversation as a vehicle to "prove" racism. Infantile.

Don't be lazy, look deeper than Vox/Fox, unless you want to be derided as an air headed, shallow parrot.

3. bent christian thread starter Suspended

bent christian

Still relying on evidence that is more than fifty years old? Ha, ha. OK. Let's dig a little deeper into the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Once you control for region, it turns out that Democrats were actually more likely to support the 1964 Civil Rights Act

And bringing it back around to where we are today, in 2016: Which party - Republican or Democrat, holds the Southern vote most consistently?

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Oh the irony of you telling others to "don't be lazy" while ignoring the massive shifts in party politics in this country in the late 60s in a thread that's indirectly related to that exact thing.

5. 5684697 Suspended

What in the hell does the "Southern Vote" have to do with your premise that the GOP is the party of white supremacists?

Do you ever stop to think that YOU are the bigot?

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

And now we're on to the "you're a bigot because you do not accept my racism!" card.

So predictable.

7. 5684697 Suspended

What, like Robert Byrd, democratic senator/ Klansman who called people "White N***ers".

For the past 40 years Democrats have been meticulously trying to exhume their racist past with a replacement history. Few millennials know anything about the truth or details. This article attempts more of the same. We care more, so forget about all of that segregation stuff, that was just the south, yeah, that's it, the south.

Eight years of control and the plight of African Americans is worse. Nothing is actually being done to actually help, other than exploitation of events for votes.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 1, 2016 ---
    Nope, you're not getting away with revisionist history by blaming it on something other than the Democratic party during the civil rights battles. I watched it all- from Chicago.

What is your excuse for George Wallace?

8. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Lol. Old tactic. When Republicans are cornered with evidence that their party attracts white nationalists like flies to a horse's ass they accuse everyone else of playing the "race card" or being a "bigot". Keep on burying your head in the sand while your party is digging its grave.

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Ah yes the Democrat party, the creators of the endless welfare state, the destruction of families and promises of free stuff.

10. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

You people SERIOUSLY need new material.

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Sticking with the truth does the body good.

12. bent christian thread starter Suspended

bent christian

Control of what? The Presidency? OK. Let's look more closely at that statement.

The African-Americans lost half of their wealth to the economic collapse under George W.Bush. The idea that African-Americans are doing worse in 2016 than they did when GWB left office doesn't hold up to even the most cursory inspection.

And going back even farther:

13. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Yep. That's why I'm not a Republican. :)

14. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

that's because they have yet to figure out the solution lies in the mirror not with who is in office. until then they can enjoy playing the victim card and stay right where they are. must work for them.

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

you have to do is look at the poorest states all red.

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I agree 100%.

17. 5684697 Suspended

That's an irrelevant statement. The economic collapse in 2008 caused net worth's to plummet IF A PERSON's worth was comprised primarily of equities and or real estate. If a person had little or no net worth tied to stocks or real estate, then their worth was largely unchanged.

The fact remains, current African American unemployment has been a disgrace, and unemployment among young African Americans is horrifying when measured by people who are actually unemployed, and not the ridiculous, specious statistics used by the government to massage the numbers by excluding "those not looking for work". Count the people on the streets who don't have a job. You don't hear a peep about that, other than to blame someone else, which is exactly what you did.

Evidently, eight years is not enough time to get anything done, so why bother electing a new president at all?

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

The poorest most violent cities have been run by democrats for decades. Detroit once the richest city in the history of the world wrecked by democrat hucksters. Chicago so violent that it's nickname is Chiraq.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

image.gif
    Ugh. Another race-baiting troll post from "you know who".

20. bent christian thread starter Suspended

bent christian

By claiming that something is worse now than it previously was, you are making a comparison to a previous event. All I did was debunk your unsupported opinion.

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Which unemployment are you talking about the government reported unemployment of the Real unemployment you know including all of those that "have given up" looking for work. Meh they both are horrible even without lying about it.

22. 5684697 Suspended

Another bigoted statement, typical of the average Vox reader. I am not, and have never been a Republican or a Democrat. The parties are both so fouled up that I'd never associate my name with either. I can't stand Trump or Hillary, both are disgusting, self centered and avaricious louts. Hillary is just as bad as Trump, lining her pockets in exchange for future favors from the Corporate racket that all of you hate so much. Yet you back Hillary.

The idea that the Democrats are good and the Republicans is silly, yet you see this all the time amongst techies. It is a form of denial and groupthink that is beyond the pale, and is usually confined to the good intentions of social issues, without a thought to economic results. The one thing you will never hear from the left is reference to the national debt. It is as if it doesn't exist and has no effect. If I was a millennial, I'd be raging against what has happened to my future over Obama's term. Hillary is vowing to make it worse by even more spending.

The aspect that I am focusing on is the original post's idea that yet again, attempts to shift blame from the Democrats to the Republicans for race. For those of us who were around in the sixties, this is laughable. You are being programmed by an embarrassed party who ignores it's past, never apologizes for it, and tries to blame someone else. The Vox article referenced a National Review missive about all of this, but it didn't talk about this one. All easily confirmed-

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/420321/democratic-party-racist-history-mona-charen

Polls show that everyone on the political spectrum thinks that race relations are far worse under Obama's term. Undeniable. So we are left to pick up the pieces and try to forge ahead together because politicians have used race for their own purposes.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

instead of name calling just exit thread.

24. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

You lost me here. Educate yourself on the party switch of the 1960's and then get back to me.

25. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I didn't name call. I simply described the content of the thread.