The Great List of Positive Things for Those of You In Waiting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Terdinus Asus, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Terdinus Asus macrumors member

• You won't be caught up in the hype. By the time you get your phone, it will be with tempered expectations, so it will meet them more readily!
    • The ladies dig a man willing to take his time. ;)
    • By the time you get your phone a lot more accessories for the iPhone will be available and reviewed.
    • You can laugh at any fatal manufacturing flaws in the first run iPhone 4. (Unless they crop up after you get your phone. In which case you may be dead as well. But everyone is laughing in heaven.)
    • You avoid the headache and hassle of a million or two people activating their phones during the June 24th period.
    • If you're waiting for the white one, you will be owning an even more exclusive product. Think of all the people that went trigger happy and chose black even though it would have been white other wise.
    • The Germans were first to fight. The Americans were last. One won World War II, the other did not.
    • You hold on to your money a little bit longer...if you collect daily interest on it, even better!
    • Darth Vader didn't have patience. And we saw what happened to him: Hayden Christensen portrayed his youth.
    • You can sleep in on the 24th.
    • People who couldn't get an iPhone yet will not whisper behind your back about what a douche bag you are.

So cheer up...it could be worse: Hayden Christensen could portray you!

And feel free to continue the list.

:apple:

2. EvanCooper93 macrumors member

3. g8orballboy macrumors regular

4. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

+1 to this thread. Very cute :)

I was one of those that caved and went black instead of waiting ?? for white. Supposedly I should have one on the 24th which means I might get to use it by the 26th or whenever the servers stop crashing -- meanwhile I'll be staring at a very good-looking black brick. :cool:

5. toastedfroggy macrumors member

I also caved and got the black :p but no regrets... Both colors will look amazing

6. klb028 macrumors 6502

This thread is awesome. Cheered me up, that's for sure. Thanks!

7. CJayC macrumors 6502

So is this how you cope with it? Make up lies and force yourself to believe they're true to make yourself feel better?

* You won't be caught up in the hype. By the time you get your phone, it will be with tempered expectations, so it will meet them more readily!

Everyone knows how to use an iPhone. Nothing is new here.

* The ladies dig a man willing to take his time.

Did a lady actually tell you this or do you really think women enjoy other people's hardships?

* By the time you get your phone a lot more accessories for the iPhone will be available and reviewed.

A plethora or accessories already exist for the previous 3 versions of iPhones. The only ones that need updating are the ones that physically need to mold to your device (like a case), in which case we already have in mind what companies make the best cases.

* You can laugh at any fatal manufacturing flaws in the first run iPhone 4. (Unless they crop up after you get your phone. In which case you may be dead as well. But everyone is laughing in heaven.)

That's what the warranty is for. Any defect and we can exchange it for a new one.

* You avoid the headache and hassle of a million or two people activating their phones during the June 24th period.

You must now wait over a week instead of the few hours it'll take to try if the servers are faulty. Not to mention all the people who are getting the second batch are also going to be activating their iPhones as well so this was more moot a point than your other ones.

* If you're waiting for the white one, you will be owning an even more exclusive product. Think of all the people that went trigger happy and chose black even though it would have been white other wise.

Nothing exclusive about it. White iPhones aren't rare.

* The Germans were first to fight. The Americans were last. One won World War II, the other did not.

Because one example of a war result can be directly related to cell phone purchases, right?

* You hold on to your money a little bit longer...if you collect daily interest on it, even better!

Stupid point made just for the sake of having more points.

* Darth Vader didn't have patience. And we saw what happened to him: Hayden Christensen portrayed his youth.

You wouldn't have to wait if you didn't fail at placing preorders.

* You can sleep in on the 24th.

While you're sleeping, I'll be using my iPhone 4.

* People who couldn't get an iPhone yet will not whisper behind your back about what a douche bag you are.

So people with low self-confidence talks about a random stranger to himself under his breath is among the likes of you? Glad I'm not a part of that minority.

8. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine...

9. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

A) not one of these things is a lie
    B) It is sad that you think someone has to "cope" with not pre-ordering a phone

10. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I originally wanted the white one but Apple "made" my decision for me; I broke down and got the black one.

11. CJayC macrumors 6502

It's sad that you can't see how upset people are over this. Don't try to play the "I'm too cool" card.

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You must be a load of laughs at parties.

13. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

Yes, it's frustrating, but in the grand scheme of life, it's still just a phone. I didn't pre-order yesterday because of the servers and because I want a white one. Having to wait an additional few weeks isn't going to kill me. I'll live.

14. Terdinus Asus thread starter macrumors member

WOW, how badly do you NOT want to go to a dinner party or have lunch with this guy? :confused:

Not all of us have the talent or ability to scare off every person away from us with ultra negativity. You're one of the lucky ones. So yes we do have to deal with that "minority" :p

Anyways enough feeding the troll!

Stuff like this makes spending time typing up a post worth it! :D

15. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

haha, trying to go at it on this thread too. pathetic

16. Terdinus Asus thread starter macrumors member

I mean really, you'd think by the time Darth Vader got in the list, someone would realize this is not a dead serious thesis or scientific research paper.

17. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Those who receive it early won't be able to Jailbreak until it's released. :D Even though there are becoming less and less reasons to JB now.

18. HotFieryTech macrumors member

:)nice thread +1

I'm still happy I'm getting my black one on the 24th even though its not white.

19. Dchip24 macrumors newbie

what a douche. :eek:

20. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yep, you'd think, but this is MacRumors. :):) Sometimes it's like going to the MVA (or DMV).

21. CJayC macrumors 6502

Following my posts just to troll on me?

It's especially stupid when you get to the ones in College Station.

22. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Funny post.

But the black iPhone still rules :cool:

It's a good thing that some prefer the white...

23. cowsrus macrumors 6502

"you guyyyyyyyyssssssssssssssssssssss youre making me look less cool cause i preordered my phone and and and im gunna get it on the 24th and itll be really cool because all you guys are jealous! im gonna post that its really fun and you will be sad! this is the greatest 2 weeks of my life and a real high point of my summer, please dont take away the only happiness i have left"

that's all i heard

24. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. I can't believe that he took the time to respond individually to each tongue-in-cheek comment and even took the time to edit the tags so the each one of the OP's points would be in italics. Priceless stuff :D