The Great Sarah Palin Farewell, Victimization and Media-Bashing Tour

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Linque

Just one more example of how Sarah Palin's many blunders are everybody else's fault except Sarah Palin's. Self-introspection is one virtue she is wholly lacking. I'm still trying to figure out what she thinks the media is making up, and what in the world that has to do with American soldiers.

I'll give her this: she does smirk well, however.

I am glad to see that she's finally picked up a book and is working on it. I hope she manages to read the entire thing.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Let's hope she runs in 2012. The backlash from that should teach the GOP a lesson it still refuses to learn.

3. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

There is absolutely no way that the Repubs would even come close to giving her the nod to run for Presidency. I really think that's unrealistic.

4. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

She can't even fulfill her first term as Gov. If she won the presidency, she'd resign after the first 3 months! She's a joke of a politician.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Mrs. Palin, how bout you take your own advice and quit underestimating the intelligence of the American people. You've lied, lied, and lied again constantly spinning the truth, and because the Core beleives you, you somehow think the Americans with a brain (AKA the massive majority that ISNT your Core) will buy your crap.

Good riddance, hopefully you'll learn to stay out of the media if truths about yourself bother you so much.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

To be fair, I would never have thought they'd be so stupid as to give her a VP nod. Never say never.

7. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

They only chose her cuz she has a Vajayjay.

8. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I didn't either.

How about this:

If Sarah Palin has a good chance of becoming the nominee for the republican party (as in, pretty close to getting it, not just for putting her name in the arena) I will take a video of myself deregistering as a republican and post it on YouTube, and I'll try to make it funny. Count on it.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Many people did just that already. My parents, who are diehard conservative fundamentalist Christians were even horrified by her. They voted for Obama instead, a democrat, which is a first for them. That's saying a lot.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Not to defend the GOP, but I don't think they knew just how bad she was before McCain picked her.

11. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

My grandmother, a lifelong Republican and an ex Reagan campaign worker, voted for Obama because of Palin.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I don't think McCain picked her. I think the party did.

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

My uncle, also a lifelong Republican, and a veteran who was voting for McCain partially because of his service and time as a POW (which is a BS reason to vote for someone) also voted for Obama because of Palin.

You could be right, I don't think we'll ever know for sure though.

14. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

That's not been confirmed.

Pics or it didn't happen.

15. gotzero macrumors 68040

I do not think it has a high likelihood, but I certainly think it is realistic. It follows the "next in line" theory, and I doubt they are going to run a banker after becoming an ever more regional party.

16. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

17. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

I think she could pull off the race. Maybe not the nomination, but I'm sure if another candidate would have teamed up with Palin in 08, the race would have been much closer than it actually was. I'm not giving props to Palin, but she's got upsides that actually are music to the ears in the Republican Party.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

She only appeals to a small wing of the party. She'll never get mainstream support which you need to get elected. If you think a lot of Republicans jumped ship when she was the VP nominee, you aint seen nothing yet.

19. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I watched clips of her farewell speech, or whatever that was supposed to be, and I can't imagine her running a country, let alone the most powerful one on earth. It would seem that we could do well by electing someone who is smarter than the average person. Even if I don't agree on nearly anything with Obama, it's pretty apparent he's intelligent. Al Franken, who I again do not like much, is very clearly an intelligent and charismatic person. I'm tired of republicans assaulting intelligence and propping it up as an elitist mentality. There are smart republicans, I guarantee you. Try to picking some of them for a change.

Your signature is hilarious, by the way.

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

That speech was just awful. Incoherent is the best word I have to describe it. Can you even picture that intellect sitting down with a world leader to negotiate something?

Thank you. :D

21. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Nah, she doesn't stand a chance for 2011/12. Her GOP rivals will start chanting "Quit, baby quit!" which the Republican herd will take up with glee and it's all over for Palin'.

She'll need a decade or more out of the limelight to build a reputation for something other than quitting and losing McCain the election to become a viable candidate.

22. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

One of the comedy shows could make a mint by running a segment that just showed the expressions on foreign leaders' faces while she was trying to talk to them.

23. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

"Look, Mr. Putin. Ooo, what a great name, I just love it. It's so business, so straight to the point. Annnyyyway, I just wanted to let you know that me and my constituents like energy. We just do. It allows us to do stuff all the time and it's good. We should do some negotiating on that energy. Sounds good. I'll ttyl."

I should be her speech writer. Or maybe I am her speech writer...

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Cheerleader Barbie is at the end of her 15 minutes. Soon she won't even be a MILF anymore, and that will be the end of that. :)

25. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Too bad she won't really be leaving.

I figure we will have to put up with her for many years to come.