The Great Trump Microphone Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Omigod. Either this man is getting paranoid, or he's really dumb enough to suggest that even the mic technicians were rigging the debate for Clinton:

Okay. Most people would've dealt with it, and that's that. But not Thurston Jackass III:

******* really???

Does this man have no shame?

2. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I don't get it. If he is so great and such a winner, why is he always playing the victim card? His behavior is more consistent with a loser than a winner.

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Either he thinks his long time friend is so deceptive (that plays into some audiences' beliefs), or he really is paranoid (which might play into others'). Probably the latter, TBH. The way things are heading, I don't think he and the Clintons will remain friends much longer. Then again, despite Obama's blaming everything on Bush all the time they've been seen being very pally in recent years too. GWB has a remarkable temperament given what Obama sold audiences with about "the previous administration" for everything as to why something as puny as, say, the biggest free country on Earth, is now in such **** shape (circa 2009-present despite lack of executive orders to make actual positive progress quicker? We all know there are overlaps and other considerations as well, but even Reagan stopped bleating about Carter eventually, nor did Reagan adopt any of Carter's policies. Obama has adopted GOP policies, the most obvious of which is also known as "Romneycare". People have mentioned that enough times.)

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

After seeing the lengths Hillary went to to rig the system against Bernie through the DNC and how she covered up her email server it really wouldn't surprise me.

5. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

The biggest problem with that microphone was that it had a moron talking into it.

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Narrcacisists stuffer from hugely inflated egos based on insecurity.

7. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I'm not sure why you think there is a conspiracy but the debate commission has released a statement indicating that Trumps microphone was not functioning correctly.

8. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm being sarcastic about the "conspiracy", of course. Trump sort of implied that there was something more to it than just a simple malfunction. When he says, "I wonder why it was bad -- think of that," I doubt he was pondering the intricacies of UHF band mic interference.

9. Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

A good speaker could talk into a tin can and still get his or her point across. ;)

10. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

And yet Trump lays a lot of the blame for his performance on the mic:

My emphasis.

11. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Trump could.

And he did.

The dialogue about the alleged rigged microphone... only came up after the epic failed attempt by the radical Clintonian operatives to smear trump over the way he sounded speaking into said microphone.

All this faux outrage is comical.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No it didn't. Trump was saying this in the spin room just moments later. It had nothing to do with anything the Clinton campaign said.

13. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

A man who needs 50% of his brain power to deal with a faulty microphone is not a man who can be trusted with nuclear weapons.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Here's the thing. There was no issue with hearing him across the world via TV. Not having the same mic volume inside the room didn't throw him off. Being held accountable for his comments and his ego/narcissism threw him off. The mic would have just amplified that more in the room.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

It's actually pretty distracting when your microphone isn't projecting properly, I've seen it mess up quite a few execs who are presenting to thousands of people at a time.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2016 ---
    I'm guessing you have no experience speaking to groups of 200+ when your voice dies out after the first few rows of chairs, try presenting when your mic volume is fluctuating in and out.

16. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

So you're saying Trump is raging for the lulz. Makes sense I guess considering his whole campaign is one biggly lulz.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Also you can see trump moving his mic around during the debate and hunching over it.

He held his own at the very least and has two more debates to prove himself if it was causing the issue.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Don't pretend to know anything about me. You don't. And you're wrong.

19. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

It was only the mic in the auditorium that had issues, the one used for broadcasting was fine. Either way, the mic played no part in his failure at the debate.

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Then stop making comments that show that you know nothing about speaking to large audiences.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2016 ---
    When you speak into a mic and it doesn't come out the other end there's no way for Trump to know if it's broadcasting properly or if it's completely broken.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

You're funny. Trump has done plenty of public appearances and spoken in front of many large audiences. Anyone who has done that much public speaking shouldn't be thrown off by a mic. If he were singing and his IFB was an issue, I would agree with you. But you're really reaching here if you think his debate performance was a reflection of a mic issue.

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Why does it matter if he's singing? If you talk into a mic and it's not projected into the hall it's going to throw you off. I've seen people who speak every day of their lives get thrown off by a broken mic, normally you call someone in to fix it, but when it's a live debate the left would trounce on him for even mentioning it (obviously as shown by this thread where the debate commission even admits that his mic was broken).