The Guardian: Rodrigo Duterte vows to kill 3 million drug addicts and likens himself to Hitler

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

There are numerous things I disagree with @vrDrew on, but recently he commented in another thread I posted that, ‘Rodrigo Duterte is a scary, scary individual,’ to which I completely agreed. Next exhibit:

Rodrigo Duterte vows to kill 3 million drug addicts and likens himself to Hitler

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ion-drug-addicts-and-likens-himself-to-hitler

During a press conference in his home city of Davao, the former prosecutor told reporters that he had been compared to a “cousin of Hitler” by his critics.

“If Germany had Hitler, the Philippines would have...,” he said, pausing and pointing to himself.

“Hitler massacred three million Jews ... there’s three million drug addicts. There are. I’d be happy to slaughter them.”

2. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Damn, this isn't the way to deal with drugs. What a nutbar, sad as I think Filipinos are fine people.

3. sim667 macrumors 65816

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Wasn't he upset that when he was a mayor he wasn't invited to participate in a gang rape? I heard that the other day but I'm afraid to source it while I'm at work...

5. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Brings a new meaning to war on drugs. The quotes out of this guy make look even Donald Trump look like a saint.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wasn't this the guy Trumpets were lauding for talking **** about Obama?

7. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

his country elected him KNOWING what he was pushing, their country/ their problem.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, but this guy sounds like a complete nut job.

9. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Dude needs to be removed from power before he does something catastrophic

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

There's already been multiple interviews with people, one woman in particular, who is being paid $200 for each drug user she kills by police. It's a barbaric situation.

11. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

so he is getting rid of crime AND creating jobs in the process? sweet :D

we don't live there, the citizens there obviously not only agree with the measures but are willing to participate :eek:

12. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

that makes it ok

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

$200 is more than the normal monthly income for a good chunk of the population there...lets not pretend these people aren't just trying to alleviate the severe poverty they are living in.

14. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

yeah I can see that as not only a LIC to murder but to profit from it while making things up about people you might not like.
    to them it seem's so, but see above.

other than not going there and giving them the proverbial middle finger, do you guys suggest anything be done?

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm not sure what LIC stands for, but yes there are reports that people are accusing those they have grudges against as being dealers/users to get them killed.

16. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

sorry, License . or lick, whatever mood you are in for :wink::love::kiss: <<<<we need better emoty's here :mad:
    police/military killing drug dealers is one things, citizens going full "purge" is another

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

They're both completely deplorable. I don't see why any law enforcement or military entity is allowed to play the role of executioner unless in an actual conflict. Summary execution is deplorable.

18. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

some countries are over run with crime, Brazil seems to be about there as well. citizens there seemingly think that is the course the country has to take in order to end the stupidity. yes it's ironic they are committing capital crimes to end the drug crime :eek:

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Maybe we should stop letting multinational banks launder and conceal cartel's money then? Every bank you can name has settled recently (in the last 5 years) for laundering drug money. But they get to continue business as usual, probably because the biggest purchaser of these drugs is our domestic market.

Banks are one of the crucial institutions that allows this industry to continue to exist. Maybe they shouldn't be allowed to exist.

20. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

I love star trek, where money seemingly is no longer relevant https://www.wired.com/2016/05/geeks-guide-star-trek-economics/

YES this meximidget likes star trek, you know why? we Mexicans don't work in the future either :D
    [​IMG]
    ANYWAYS, replicate me some carne asada nachos, make it so :D

21. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Does hard work pay off? Ask the Mexicans

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/does-hard-work-pay-off-ask-the-mexicans/article627060/

According to an OECD report published earlier this year, Mexicans are the hardest-working people in the world – or, at least, in 29 of the world’s more advanced economies. As calculated by the Paris-based organization, Mexicans work an average of 595 minutes a day – five minutes short of 10 hours. Of this time, 253 minutes (four hours and 13 minutes) are unpaid – time spent on cooking, cleaning and other everyday chores. In contrast, the average OECD workday is 480 minutes – eight hours.

22. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

that's why I want to move to Europe :p

23. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

24. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

25. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

There is a Filipino saying, roughly translated, "A desperate individual will grab on to a knife's edge!" It holds a deeper and more profound meaning in the native tongue.

People are truly desperate. Any semblance to relief or any reasonable facsimile thereof is welcome. Sad, but it has come to that.