The "I got the text from AT&T saying they will throttle me on unlimited data" thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lordofthereef, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

This thread is meant as a way to collect information from those who are getting the text from AT&T saying they are in the upper 5% of data users and therefor will be throttle.

PLEASE don't clutter this thread with useless comments (cue the useless comments :rolleyes:)

What we need is:
    1. city where you use your phone the most
    2. whether you travel much using data
    3. how much data you used for your billing cycle
    4. whether you have historically been using less or more data in the months prior to getting the text
    5. any other pertinent information

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No problem! I'm sure they'll appreciate yet another thread to wade through! :D

3. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G4

lordofthereef

LOL, like I said, that wasn't my intention. I gave clear information as to what this thread should be about. So far not a single response, including my own, has been properly on topic.

4. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm at 7.1GB data for the month with a new bill cycle tomorrow. I've been reading about those getting the warning texts at about 2GB wich is total bs. I'm really starting to think its region specific.

I'm in South Florida with a huge population so I would think I would get throttled. Crossing my fingers but I have yet to receive a text and I average around 5-6 GB a month usually.

And I hope there are 1000 more of these threads. AT$T can suck my ballz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.