The 'I Survived the May 21st Rapture' Thread!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by appleguy123, Mar 20, 2011.

1. appleguy123, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 21, 2011

appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

According to http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/ the rapture will occur on May 21st.
    How are you all preparing? Personally, I'm considering an around the world tour similar to the ones they offer for people to witness the new year coming. It will be interesting to watch people in various parts of the world be raptured into the clouds.
    Also, I'm trying to get believers in the theory to sign over their assets to me (who will be left behind) effect 22nd May. I haven't got any takers yet.

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I have to buy a double-truss. :(

Oh ..... wait ..... rapture.

Never mind. :eek:

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Well crap, I'll be pissed if I die before AT&T pushes the Copy/Paste update for my Windows Phone :mad:

5. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

If I remember, I might listen to REM's "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)," or should I listen to it on Oct 21? Hmmm . . .

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Too bad, you could have pasted your ass good-bye. LOL :D

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

You got to have something to trade.

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I missed this in my rapture.

Check with the Church of Jesus Christ, of Latter Day Saints.

They have a lock on any assets of their flock. Might be a good starting point.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

In my interfaith forum there's a fellow who claims his visions clearly point to worldwide upheaval November 17...

I'm not wearing a sign that reads, "The end of the world is here." The end of the age, however, is over. In some way the world society, mankind, will be changed forever. I would not be surprised to see the U.S. government collapse in on itself, too much greed and selfish agendas.... and I do not remember the math problem, only the answer, which is what I asked for. I truly wish I knew what form the event will take.....

There's never of shortage of people willing to stand up and publicly demonstrate that they are complete idiots.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Indeed. BTW, in religious circles there is someone calling the rapture like every six months. There's really no need to post it here. Even the bible says, "no one knows the day or the hour.." so any speculation is pointless-- not that I'm holding my breath..

11. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Good, otherwise the rapture will occur earlier for you, than for others.

12. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/wecanknow/index.html

13. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Well, since I'll still be here, I guess I can expect a shorter commute?

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Here is their rebuttal to that point ...

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

“You see,” they say after quoting this verse, “the Bible tells us that no man can know.” They might even add, “Not even Jesus Himself knows the time; therefore, your date of May 21 is all wrong.” As is often the case after quickly making this statement and dismissing the information regarding the date of the end of the world, this individual will go on his or her way content that this will never happen. “After all,” they think, “the Bible says we cannot know the timing of the end.”

Of course, we do acknowledge that the Bible has this verse within it. However, the question is: does the rest of the Bible support the idea that we cannot know the timing of the end of the world? Or, is there more information in the Bible that would allow for God’s people to learn the date of the end of the world?

In other words, anybody who thinks the Bible is without contradiction could find a big, fat one right there.

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

****ing revisionists.

How the Hell can they say, either way????

16. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

Well, either that song - or this one. :D

17. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

The thing that always gets me about these predictions is that when it ends up not being true, the faith of the people who believed in it never seems to be shaken, despite being proven wrong.

18. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

i honestly find hard to believe that there is actually people that really believes this stuff.

19. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

The thing that gets me is the underlyng implication, that we are proceeding in a manner that is dreadfully wrong and the only solution is gor the messiah to arrive with a majestic entourage, raising his flaming double-edged sword that slices down the forces of darkness (led by Lucifer, bringer-of-light) to restore righteousness and order to His true dominion. Or something like that.

At no point do any of these "prophets" suggest any kind of way that we might address what we are doing wrong that will have brought down this catharsis and renewal. Because the apocalypse is is far more valuable and useful than trying to deal with its causes.

20. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Don't worry, the Alien UFO Mothership will come down to save us... :eek:

:D

21. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

22. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

If I'm going to die could they move it forward a month so I don't have to endure another goddamn royal wedding.

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Build yourself a Faraday Cage. Hell, build loads of them and start a business. :)

24. /user/me macrumors 6502

I'll think about this later, I gave up God for lent... years ago.

25. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

There is a billboard put up from some church that is saying may 21 is judgment day. If it's still up and I have a chance I'll take a picture of it.

Hugh