The ideal future for the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrf097, Oct 9, 2013.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Now that we have two individual current generation models of iPhones to deal with, how is Apple going to handle future upgrades to the models? Apple could easily just follow the same model as before and go iPhone 6/iPhone 5S/iPhone 5C, then iPhone 6S/iPhone 6C/iPhone 5S, but why fragment the devices by determining by number. Here's a much easier system to follow for consumers:

I'm hoping they'll drop numbers and have only 2 models: The iPhone C and the iPhone S.

iPhone C: 8GB $49, 16GB $99, 32GB $149
    iPhone S: 16GB $199, 32GB $249 64GB $349

The price of the C's $49 8GB entry model would replace using the oldest model at $0. As far as internals go, The iPhone C will, rather than be last year's model in a plastic shell, but would contain the same processor at a slower clock speed, or alternatively, the C model has, say the A8, while the S model has the A8X. The C model would also have only 1/2 the memory the S model has, and last year's S model's camera. New features would be reserved for the S model and would appear in the next generation C model. Other than that, the differences would be minimal, very similar to how Apple runs the iPod touch line in comparison to the iPhone currently.

In addition to the current colors, the C models would also come in Midnight Purple, Sunset Orange, Carbon Black, and Space Grey, to create a more complete pallet and attract those who want even more individual colors. The S models would appear in Space Grey, Gold, White, and Carbon, a new completely black model.

The iPhone C would be available on all major carriers as well as unlocked and all prepaid carriers and smaller, regional carriers, while the iPhone S would be available only through nationwide carriers, regional carriers, or unlocked.

The new iPhone C and iPhone S. Loving them is easy, that's why so many people do.

Whad'ya think? Like the idea? Leave me feedback/criticism/praise :D

2. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

I like it. But there needs, or should be a $0 option.

I paid $399 for my phone, so $349 is good in my book, any day, all day long.