The Illusion of Obama is at an end. America no longer blind sees their mistake.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by william sire, Sep 20, 2010.

1. william sire macrumors regular

william sire

This woman an, Obama supporter, surprises the anointed one. It even looks like he is expecting to be praised and reaffirmed and then she drops a bombshell on him.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7g5W-qLHDs
    What most enjoyable about this is she states her concerns in present time, not the Bush years as that is the ace card Obama loves to play when confronted with touch questions. This time the woman made it clear, it is his direction that is the concern.

Truth is an obstacle that can only be overcome by acceptance, and accepting the truth is something Obama cannot do, made obvious by his answer in this town hall meeting.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Your linky is brokey.

EDIT: I fished out the video from the link. He smiles too much. It would have been nice to see his response.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

At this point in the electoral cycle, relative to other presidents, Obama is still (fractionally) more popular than both Reagan and Clinton.

So, really, in the scheme of things, things are about par. I'd be surprised if he doesn't handily win re-election for four reasons: One, the economy will be in a far better state than it is today. Two, when polled against any of the leading Republican contenders for the presidential nomination, he's still looking good. Three: he has the historical advantage of incumbency, and finally: sorry to disappoint you guys, but he's still far more popular than congressional Republicans who are hovering at around 33% for job approval.

In other words, while he may not be especially popular, there is even less enthusiasm for the alternative... no matter how loudly you clap.

4. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Congressional Democrats are just as unpopular as the Republicans, not sure what you are getting at with that point. Nobama has no chance at re-election, I'm sorry to say. While I agree with you that Republicans have nothing good going for them now, Democrats have done nothing so far to date... Besides increase USA's debt to society. Look forward to higher income taxes soon! :D

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Some are saying that it might be 6 years before the economy really turns around. I really think that Obama is aiming at 1 term. He must know that if he were to run right now he would probably lose. He will go through the steps to run again but I think he knows he would not win the way things stand now. Who knows how things are in 18 months but if the economy doesn't turn soon he is a lame duck.

6. william sire thread starter macrumors regular

william sire

One distinguishable difference that set Obama apart from Carter, Regan, Bush SR, Clinton and Bush Jr. is none of those presidents governed against the will of the people whom they were elected to serve. Most certainly did they not govern against the will of the very electorate that chose them. Obama is guilty of both. I’m looking forward to the elections this november and in 2012. And I’ll be sipping tea when I vote too.

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Cake and tea stalls are the best part of elections. I got some homemade Anzac biscuits at the last federal election.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

They seriously have those?

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

She's just another liberal wishing Obama kicked more butt instead of kissing bipartisan ass.

Count me in that crowd.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You can be bipartisan and get things done. As long as the right things are getting done.

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You can't be bipartisan when the other party is DEAD SET against working with you.

12. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Yeah we do. They are great. A whole range of delicious home made baking raising money for the school (or other pubic building) being used as a polling place.

Surprised it isn't a us thing as well.

13. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Well, I've put forward solid reasons with polling data and historical antecedents for why I believe he will do so. What are your reasons for your opinion or are you just engaging in wishful thinking? I wouldn't want to think that you're just saying things to make yourself feel good.

Nothing? Really? Want me to list every legislative accomplishment this administration has passed or remind you that when Obama took office, the US economy was losing approx. 600,000 jobs per month?

Utter nonsense. Obama ran on a platform of policies and handily beat his opponent... and then set about implementing those policies as best as possible within the constraints of Congress. This 'governing against the will of the people' idiocy, after the highest number of votes cast for a winning candidate in history? You're fooling no-one.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

He's got my vote.

There is no way in Hell that I'd vote for a 'publican.

No way.

15. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Sean Hannity is that you? ;)

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

That is nothing new in Washington, both parties are guilty of it.

Im sure some places do that here but usually it is the candidates trying to sway votes.

17. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Here they aren't allowed to set foot on the property where the polling is taking place.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

To be fair they voted for him because they wanted a new Washington, I doubt the turn out will be as high for his reelection. Obama will really have a tough road come 2012. It will not be as smooth as 08.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What is the restriction there, I think it is 50 feet from the door of the polling place here.

20. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Depends on who is running against him. And for anyone to say that his path in 2008 was smooth simply wasn't paying attention to the campaign, and has forgotten even more than they ever knew in the first place.

See, the problem with his opponents is that they're all to prone to believing their own propaganda. The Republican party are split from top to bottom while being pulled further and further to the wacky right. He's a formidable opponent, don't underestimate him. Watch closely and learn. ;)

21. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Something like that. I don't know exactly. Still plenty of room for a cake stall which is all I care about :)

22. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Oh, horse hockey. A review of the Congressional record of 2001-2006, when the Republicans controlled both the White House and Congress, would show that the Democrats weren't nearly as obstructionist (especially for the sake of being obstructionist) as the Republicans have been since Obama took office.

The "new Washington" meme may be true, but that's not the whole picture. The Republicans had a slew of candidates in the primary, none of which got a real consensus, and McCain ended up with the nomination in that hold-your-nose-and-think-of-England mentality. Then he brings in a running mate that threw the independents and moderates over to Obama in droves. 2008 is going to go down as a historical fumble for the GOP, even factoring in Bush's unpopularity.

Frankly, the Republicans are going to have to get their house in order -- and currently, said house looks like Hurricane Katrina took a dump in it -- before they are going to have a serious contender for 2012.

23. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Thank you.

I didn't feel up to removing McNut's rose-colored glasses.

24. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Of course Nobama isn't going to be elected in 2012. There isn't anybody named Nobama running for president.