The Industry will be 1-upped

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thedeejay, Sep 8, 2014.

1. thedeejay, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Tomorrow's event has me excited. I don't think I've ever been this excited. But apart from just us 'tech' folks, they're creating a buzz around the block. Especially they themselves claiming that it's going to be their best products in 25 years. Their iPhone 6/Air will make heads turn and iWatch will be the show stealer. Ofcourse we will get those threads after the keynote that will troll and flame Apple. We will also get threads that people legitimately feel about the product. But I have to say that, as we go into tomorrow's keynote - keep this in mind. It'll be like 2007 all over again. New product category and new boundaries to be crossed. Excitement at it's best:apple:

EDIT:

Unveiling of Macintosh in 1984: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B-XwPjn9YY
    iPod in 2001: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc_FiHTITHE
    iPhone in 2007: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3W58S29eSE
    iPad in 2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBhYxj2SvRI
    iWatch in 2014: Coming soon

Add any other apple moments :)

2. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

Cannot wait to see the iPhone 6 finally unveiled :D

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Definitely the Super Bowl for tech nerds like me. :cool:

:apple:

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Which industry? hehe - watches, fitness tracking, smartphone, other?

5. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

I'm only checking this site every 5 minutes to see if I can get another glimpse at what's to come through another leak! Keynote can't come soon enough. This is the first year I won't be able to follow it live though. :( military life has it's downs I guess.

6. Mars Is Waiting macrumors member

Mars Is Waiting

7. Xeyad macrumors 6502

To be honest, I don't believe tomorrow's new category announcement will be like the iPod or iPhone or iPad. That was in the Steve Jobs era. We all know how much Steve was involved in these kind of stuff, especially in 1st-gen devices. Wether we like it or not, Tim Cook is not that man. Even reports inside Apple say he isn’t involved as much. So this is Apple’s "new category" device since Steve’s passing, and things are at risk.

With the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, everyone was playing catch-up to Apple. People were still using CD players before the iPod. People were using dumb-phones with numberpads before the iPhone. People were using netbooks before the iPad. With the iWatch however, every company already has a smartwatch product now, and they've already started to expand the market, so Apple needs to bring in everything they got to be able to lure in consumers.

Things in 2014 are much much different from what they were in ’01, ’07, or even 2010. I hope they prove me wrong :apple:

8. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

[​IMG]

----------

The fact that they are bringing so much attention towards this tells me it will blow the competition out of the water. Just have that feeling.

9. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I don't know how much they are gonna blow the competition out of the water when they are just catching up to it.....

James

10. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Of course, this is Apple.
    I hope they live up to the promise of 'the best product pipeline in 25 years'

I'll still be excited anyway.

11. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Steve was great, yes. But, he set up a team that for the most part is still there. He also had a product pipeline set up for years to come, so to say that because he's gone, it won't be industry changing is a little crazy.

I think we will see some big things tomorrow. Only 14 hours and 15 minutes!!!

12. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I hate how long its taking them to take my money!