Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saucyken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
Nottingham, UK
I may well have missed something blindingly obvious but is there a reason why Notes is treated a little differently to other native apps in iOS and iPadOS? There is no default folder for its files. On the versions of ipadOS on my devices (13 and 12.4.5) Notes files don’t appear under the Folder icon. Why not?

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I may well have missed something blindingly obvious but is there a reason why Notes is treated a little differently to other native apps in iOS and iPadOS? There is no default folder for its files. On the versions of ipadOS on my devices (13 and 12.4.5) Notes files don’t appear under the Folder icon. Why not?
Because notes are not individual files. Just like in the email app, each email isn’t an individual file. The notes are all stored in a database.

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003

i think the title of your post is really good and worthy of apple's support.

apple should really be implementing a better way for us to
control / file / track All communications notes, and files in one place.
email is an ancient technology. ways to use and track collaborative documents and as well as instant messages is really long overdue.

China has something called Dingtalk and its approach is similar to what i am referring to.

i really want an apple based (secure and private, across macOS/iOS/iPadOS/watchOS) storage retrieval system for all our communications and files. including Message, Notes, Mail, and all data.

its irresponsible and lazy for apple to not give us a simple one-touch way of backing up locally iMessages!

your example of Notes is another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.