The Intercept: EXCLUSIVE: New Email Leak Reveals Clinton Campaign’s Cozy Press Relationship

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Jess13, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Clinton Media Operatives given “their” stories from Team Hillary! These dishonest Clinton Media Operatives never gave the disclosure that “their” stories were written by Team Hillary. Haha. :p

EXCLUSIVE: New Email Leak Reveals Clinton Campaign’s Cozy Press Relationship

https://theintercept.com/2016/10/09...ls-clinton-campaigns-cozy-press-relationship/

Internal strategy documents and emails among Clinton staffers shed light on friendly and highly useful relationships between the campaign and various members of the U.S. media, as well as the campaign’s strategies for manipulating those relationships.

[...]

At times, Clinton’s campaign staff not only internally drafted the stories they wanted published but even specified what should be quoted “on background” and what should be described as “on the record.”

One January 2015 strategy document – designed to plant stories on Clinton’s decision-making process about whether to run for president – singled out reporter Maggie Haberman, then of Politico, now covering the election for the New York Times, as a “friendly journalist” who has “teed up” stories for them in the past and “never disappointed” them.

[continue]​

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Welcome to the world of politics. None of this crap surprises me anymore.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

More attempts by the Russian state to interfere in the US election :(.

4. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Welcome to the world of Hillary Apologista, where they have to auto-defend planted stories in mainstream media, stories published without proper, standard disclosure.
    No evidence the Russian state has been responsible for any of these hacks. The newly released DNI paper states:

5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It's Guccifer 2.0 a "Romanian" source who refused to speak Romanian to the New York Times.

7. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

And that proves nothing about Russian state involvement, so again, from the DNI:

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Hmm...Interesting how these things work.

My guess as to one of the reasons Clinton talks to most of the news outlets. Which is what this is. Is because she will talk to them.

Drumpf on the other hand will only talk to Hannity.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It proves they aren't Romanian as claimed.

10. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Trump has been the most accessible candidate in U.S. history, appearing on the record on more networks, shows and programs than anyone prior.

Thank you for proving my point: No evidence showing Russian state involvement

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Other than the US security services and the DNC investigators saying it is the Russians.

And it shows they are lying about their nationality. Why bother?

12. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Also wouldn't be surprised if there is some iteration of the JournoList working again.

13. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

You should try to read what you’re replying to before you reply to it.

Seven Reasons the New Russian Hack Announcement Is a Big Deal

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ussian-hack-announcement-is-a-big-deal-214330

1. There's probably serious evidence. DHS statement formally accuses the Russian government of hacking emails and passing them to organizations like WikiLeaks, but stops short of blaming the Kremlin for hacking voter machines. The latter, according to this joint statement from the U.S. intelligence community, “in most cases originated from servers operated by a Russian company.” It goes to note: “However, we are not now in a position to attribute this activity to the Russian Government.” That is: There was enough there for the intelligence community to mention the breaches and their connection to Russia, but not quite enough to truly tie it to the Kremlin. That makes the opening of the statement—“that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized” the hack and handoffs—that much more glaring. You don’t make a declaration like that unless you really have that evidence.​

14. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Can you refine that to what "news" shows he personally appears on ? Regularly.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

ZZZZ nothing new and nothing Trump's campaign doesn't do themselves.

16. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

He has appeared on too many to count.

Prove it, post your evidence or delete your comment.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

Trump is a publicity whore who would call a press conference to show people he knew how to tie his own shoes.

18. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

But did they make Trump say things that make him seem like an ignorant, xenophobic, rapist?

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why would the US security services blame the Russian government if they didn't think it was them?

20. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

True, Trump is and that is why he has been the most accessible in U.S. history.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm not deleting my comment. Let me know when you delete everything you've said and positioned as fact vs opinion.

22. zin macrumors 6502

Does this really need to be answered? :rolleyes:

23. samcraig macrumors P6

Yeah - but so what? Who cares if he's accessible? I think it's been shown that 60 percent (on average) what he says are lies..

24. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Prove it, post your evidence or delete your comment.

25. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

No evidence? Take your defeat for fake facts in stride.

Remember yesterday, when you said the same to me about war crimes and I did then you shut right up and didn’t say another word? Yeah, I could do the same with Trump being most accessible in history, but if you had been watching mainstream media the past year you would already know that he has been on TV constantly, throughout the political spectrum.