The ios novelty has worn off now, the waiting for apps has begun

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by shenfrey, Jul 30, 2013.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Not sure about many of you, the overall look and feel of the os, I am over with now after 4 betas and many weeks of usage. The only thing I want to see now is apps, the disjointed layout of the apps and ios is quite annoying. They all use the old style keyboard, they old style icon and many use the old style classic blue border layout, that we all were use to in such default apps such as texting.

I know we won't see any apps until after the launch, but I really cannot wait, I am super excited I think it's a very modern look the phone has now in terms of UI, and I can't wait to see what app developers do with, as well as with all the new APIs.

God bless

2. Beachhead999 macrumors member

I agree, the thing that sucks about beta testing is when the GM comes up it's no big deal as we've been using it for months.

3. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Is there a question in here?

I too cannot wait for the apps to be updated.

4. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

I'm still really digging iOS 7, more and more with each beta release.

Yeah, that'll be—huh?

Gesundheit

5. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Yes I think we all are waiting for 3rd party apps to be updated but your not gonna see complete iOS 7 UI overhauls until after the public release of iOS 7. Apple won't alow Devs to submit apps until right before public release.

6. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

And by Christmas when all apps are updated and that novelty has worn off, what will you do then?

7. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

Its funny, iOS 6 looks absolutely horrid and dated after using iOS 7 for the past few months.

8. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I don't know about the OP, but I'll be looking forward to iOS 8!

9. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Amen to that! I restored back recently and OMG it just looked soooo 2012. My eyes were hurting with all the gloss. :D

10. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Hopefully by Xmas or New Years IOS 7 will be jailbroken. And everyone will obsess over that till IOS 8 hits.

11. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

Totally agree i used my friends phone yesterday with IOS 6 and theres is no way I could go back to it. ( barring some major meltdown with the beta)

12. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

Yes! I used my wife's iPhone the other day and felt as if I'd stepped back into the stone age. It's funny because before iOS 7 came out, I thought iOS 6 was quite beautiful.

I guess it's like Steve Jobs said, people don't know what they want until you show it to them. Now that I've seen iOS 7, that's what I think a smart-phone interface should look like (except the gawd-awful icons. :))