The iPad won an award for worst device of 2010

Discussion in 'iPad' started by djrod, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

That iPad, such a useless device - what is it? I can't believe anyone ever bought one! ;)

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

They note that, “Barack Hussein Obama, 44th President of the USA since January 20, 2009, was awarded on the 9th of October that year with the Nobel Peace Prize. With this premise in mind, why should we not nominate the iPad for the Fiasco Award 2010?”

Makes sense to me... :cool:

3. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Oh please. Any site that states the iPad sucks is just trying to generate page views. Amateur hack journalism.

4. Stefx73 macrumors regular

I added a comment but looks like it'll be rviewed first...it didn't post yet.

It's funny that HD-DVD was nominated. PSP Go as well.

FYI the award is based on eople voting on the site, not a panel of reviewers.

5. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Old, stale news. Article is dated February 11, 2010.

6. taipan61 macrumors 6502

proves that even the tech soothsayers can be wrong at times...:eek:

7. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Wow. Just wow. Even at the time when this article was written, it's not even close to a fiasco. I am typically very anti-apple, and recognize that iPad has a number of issues that prevent it from becoming the holy grail of tablets, but this? While we at it, let's call Mercedes, Nissan, Lexus, etc, a fiasco of the automotive world too.

8. Stefx73 macrumors regular

The sarcastic/mocking comments started appearing now.

9. ivoruest, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011

ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

Business is business...

I wouldn't say its a Fiasco...

Statistics prove it. Its called "the art of making money". The iPad was the blockbuster of 2010 and you see a iPad every where you go; at school, in the streets, cafe's, restaurants, homes and even at the office. They are everywhere and they are awesome for most of their owners. Its just a "must have it to understand it" product.

10. Stefx73, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011

Stefx73 macrumors regular

It's pretty clear to all that if the survey was re-done, it would turn out that the iPad would be voted one of the most successful products of 2010. It pretty much created a new market segment by itself, with dozens of clones popping up in 2011.

11. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

So he calls it a Fiasco prior to the ipad being released? Oh the confusion.

12. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Let's do humanity a favor and not give idiots like this guy (Ok, I didn't read it but I can only suppose) any more hits/views.

13. Stefx73 macrumors regular

Filip Truta didn't decide the ipad was the fiasco of the year 2010. He's just reporting news.

The idiots aren't event the Fiasco awards people
    The idiots could be the 4325 people (out of 7000) who voted for the iPad being the fiasco of the year
    But if you look at the timeline, voting occurs from February to March, and if I recall correctly very few preview models were circulating...when did widespread selling start? April-May 2010?

So basically the people were voting on something without much information.
    We're not trying to destroy the credibility of the journalist Truta, or the web site Fiasco Awards. We're just giving a wink-wink-nudge-nudge to the award. No harm done, no hurt feelings. It's just funny that a fiasco award became a top-selling product that pretty much created a new market segment.
    I'm sure if the vote had occurred later in the year, the results would have been different.