The iPhone 2G/3G/3GS is an iPod touch with an added phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tinny the cat, Jun 8, 2009.

1. tinny the cat macrumors member

why has apple done this for what like 3 years now? i own an iphone 3G and its an amazing piece of kit, i love the look, the feel, the amazing OS, and all the lil things it does to impress friends or to just make you sit back and think "damn, i own an iPhone".

But the phone part is bad

this is a list of things the iphone doesn't have that any phone i can buy from any tesco's and think "ah yes this is a standard phone its what i have come to expect"

• MMS
    • Sending and receiving videos/music/docs/apps via bluetooth from any other phone
    • video recording
    • voice dial
    • increasable memory size
    • camera zoom
    • voice memos

and now heres a list of things my sony erricson w850i from 4 years ago can do that the iphone cant

• edit videos on the fly
    • edit pictures on the fly
    • connect with ease to mac via bluetooth to use phones D pad as mouse
    • video calling
    • tether to mac via bluetooth or USB

now how can apple have the balls to say "best phone ever" when its missing fundamental contemporary phone parts?! i bought the 3g expecting a software update that would bring the iphone up 2 par with other low end mobile phones.

what apple have created is an amazing internet mini tablet, with an awe inspiring iPod OS, and a really stunning array of applications, but with a sub par phone app and sms app.... it should be called the iPod touch....and the iPod touch should be called the iPod touch nano in my mind. "revolutionary iPod and breakthough internet device. oh and if you really want we threw in a sort of phone thing..."

also what started this spewing of red hot apple anger is....if the iPhone 3g is so powerful...why cant i film a short video on it?

cheers
    Tinny

2. ===== macrumors newbie

well, i bet your glad you haven't bought an iPhone yet then or have you?

3. tinny the cat thread starter macrumors member

im a happy iPhone 3G owner...but not for the missing phone parts

4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

People here get so mad about such trivial things that they don't even own and aren't being forced to own. If you don't like something then move on and find something you do like.

5. Chris Welch macrumors 6502

Uh.. did you follow the news today, chief?

3.0 will have MMS, video recording and "editing on the fly"

You can edit photos on the fly with plenty of third party apps.

6. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

wasn't some of today's highlights video editing/recording and tethering?

That's a pretty unimportant list you have if you remove those.

7. tinny the cat thread starter macrumors member

what im saying is the first gen iphone should have had everything a phone previously had...and more