The iPhone 4/4S battery satisfaction poll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emacna1, Jun 21, 2012.

?

Satisfaction of device's battery life

1. iPhone 4S: I'm satisfied

27 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. iPhone 4S: I'm neutral

8 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. iPhone 4S: I'm dissatisfied

13 vote(s)
    19.7%
  4. iPhone 4: I'm satisfied

13 vote(s)
    19.7%
  5. iPhone 4: I'm neutral

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. iPhone 4: I'm dissatisfied

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. I have neither of the two devices, but I want to vote

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. emacna1 macrumors regular

Are you satisfied, dissatisfied, or neutral on the battery life of your device? We have a growing thread here and while I'm satisfied with my iPhone 4S' battery life, others aren't. I'm curious to see what the general feel of those on MacRumors is.

Feel free to discuss anything battery related here. Everyone should understand there are many factors that go into each and every person's battery life.

EDIT: I should have put battery in the title :(

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My day one iPhone 4 is still going strong. I can sometimes get 2 days of light use before I recharge.

3. andyx3x macrumors 65816

4. sixteen12 macrumors regular

4S gets good battery life for me. I'll kill it in a slow day at work, but its to be expected because the screen is on for hours at a time.

My GS2 needed recharging during similar use.

5. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

6. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

satisfied with my iphone 4 battery life.

all my friends have iphones, i've got a charger at my house, office, and car. i'm never far from a power source.

and anyone who wakes up and doesn't have 100% battery after a night of charging really has no business complaining about battery life. it amazes me how some of my friends always have low battery. why not charge your phone while you sleep, morons!?!?

7. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

The battery on my 4S is a bit disappointing because I used to have AMAZING battery life on my 4, but I'm still satisfied overall.

8. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

I'm neutral. I'm stuck shutting off location services for a lot of apps to maximized battery life, otherwise I'd be dissatisfied.

9. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I can get a full day of heavy use out of my iPhone 4. I'm happy with that. My gf recently bought a Droid Razr Maxx (which is supposed to have amazing battery life), and compared to my 1.5 yr old iPhone 4, it's not that impressive...

10. big samm macrumors 65816

Battery is not a issue on my 4s! Plus the thing charges so fast it's unbelievable :)

11. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

my 4S battery is usually down to 10% by 5pm, but then again i am constantly using it to stream radio, listen to music, etc. most of the time i remember to turn off the screen but some times i forget and i guess that's what kills the battery.

my blackberry curve battery lasted 2-3 times as long for sure, but it also was a piece of garbage.

i put "neutral satisifaction" with the 4S b/c i think the battery life could be better. on the positive side though, when i leave work i plug it into my car charged. 40 mins later when i get home from work, it's already at 80%. wow!

12. Mic'sBook macrumors regular

I'm using an iPhone 4 and I chose neutral.

- I've set my display brightness to 30% and turned on Auto-Brightness
    - Turn off 'Setting Time Zone' in Location Services
    - Turn off Bluetooth (I seldom use it)
    - When I'm out, I'll turn off Wi-Fi not to let iPhone constantly search for Wi-Fi networks. (But I will turn it on if I want to get access to the Internet using a Wi-Fi hotspot and battery life may be improved when using Wi-Fi instead of mobile network)

Mostly I'll get around 6 hours of usage. It's enough for me to make it through the day on one charge.

BTW Apple has given some tips on extending battery life:
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

13. lapeno macrumors 6502

Same here

14. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

If there was an option ABOVE "I'm satisfied" I would be there.

Plus, my dad isn't a forum person but he has an iphone 4 and he's satisfied with the battery life. Same goes for my father-in-law.

15. scrappledog macrumors member

Count me among the dissatisfied. I adore my 4S, but I'm getting frustrating with its rapidly declining battery life and don't like that I have to think ahead all the time with charging. I've been killing off background apps, etc., too to no avail.