The iPhone 5 is hard to find.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -LikesMac-, Oct 7, 2012.

1. -LikesMac- macrumors 6502

I went to AT&T yesterday and they told me that the iPhone 5 won't be re-stocked for a month. :eek:

Is there any way to check for availability of iPhone 5 at stores?

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

3. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

I went into Apple yesterday in Brighton & Hove City (UK) and they had NONE, they didn't even have replacement handsets. They were not getting any in for a few weeks.

No where else had it either.

4. matt550 macrumors 6502

Apple stores around me had some in stock yesterday and a bunch more today.

5. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

This is why I thought Apple would have some in stock, or at least, replacement units , I know some of the larger Apple stores have them already.

Mobile phone stores won't have them yet , not for a month? or so I recall, but I thought I'd ask anyway while I was in 3 getting my monthly sim plan sorted.

6. skidbubble macrumors 6502

They did but the surplus units were quickly exhausted because of all the people crying over .0025" scuffs. These people are opening up 5-10 phones until they find one that is just right. Those 10 phones then cannot be sold and have to be returned to Apple, depriving other customers from getting a phone.

7. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Dang, I must just be getting extremely lucky.

I've done two retail swaps thus far, one today and one last week (issues with the phones, which they happen to have it in stock -- do the exchange) for myself and a family member. Am I really lucky on shipment timing :confused:

late morning/early afternoon for both

8. -Reaper- macrumors member

First phone I got was flawless. And if there was a couple scratches or a small dot on it here and there I wouldn't have cared because its in a case right now and it won't be coming out of a case. Simple fix right there and people need to stop being so picky.

9. ZacT94 macrumors regular

Reserve one at an Apple Store or online and pick it up the next day. They do phone contracts as well as outright. That's how I got mine.

10. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

I told the genius employee that I "knew" they had some in stock and I was told by Apple themselves they had them, (which of course was BS on my part) but she kept denying it, so I figured it must be true.

11. PBz macrumors 6502a

I have been checking at Fashion Island store (SoCal) recently and they have been sold out but today they had leftover stock from pre-orders. ..only 16GB when I was there at noon though. Good sign.

12. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

It's hit or miss. Call around your resellers and check or just stop buy. All are getting shipments but they are small and sporadic.

13. NedFlanders macrumors member

NedFlanders

I ordered mine over the phone from Rogers they told me they had stock, but did not specify which sizes or colours.

I ordered my black 64 a week ago Friday evening, it shipped out of Ontario on Monday, it arrived in the Vancouver area on Tuesday morning and I got it Tuesday early afternoon.

I didn't realize there is a bit of a shortage in some areas.

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

If you read these boards at all you will find they are in short supply, but people are buying them here and there, daily.

15. PeterTran macrumors member

OMG THEY DO?!?I live in the OC too and if they really do have iphone 5 16g in stock, i hope they still have it this week!Do you know what time you were there and what carriers had the 16g?

16. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I preordered and it still took a month...

17. jaysen macrumors 6502

hahah made my day!