The iPhone 6 feature people want most (but won't get)

rockitdog

macrumors 68020
Mar 25, 2013
I doubt people want all these. Waterproof is far from important. Why take your phone near or around water?
Um, to be able to take pictures at the beach or at a pool... I was using an S5 for a while and loved taking my phone into a pool and not worrying about it one bit. I even dropped it once in a hot tub and never even thought twice about it.

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I doubt people want all these. Waterproof is far from important. Why take your phone near or around water?
Um, to be able to take pictures at the beach or at a pool... I was using an S5 for a while and loved taking my phone into a pool and not worrying about it one bit. I even dropped it once in a hot tub and never even thought twice about it.
or to use your phone in rain (or shower) ;)

----------

You can add that one to the "will be getting" list
think so huh?

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I would love for my phone to be waterproof....but not at the expense of having ridiculous port covers or skimped specs.

----------

Drastically increased battery life. Heck, I'd take a phone that was 50% thicker for 50% more battery life.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AD5KDQ8/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0046EBTQ0&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1J65M0MTMCBVYZH0JRXC

iBanker

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2014
46th floor
Couldn't care less about sapphire screen. Optical zoom would be nice but unlikely if these phones keep getting thinner.

eoblaed

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2010
-Waterproof
-Great battery life
-Notification light
-NFC

just some of my guesses

btw, I think sapphire will be there!
(emphasis mine)

Notification light has existed for some time.

Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> LED Flash for Alerts

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
-Waterproof
-Great battery life
-Notification light
-NFC

just some of my guesses

btw, I think sapphire will be there!
I think you want a Sony Xperia or Samsung Galaxy phone based on that list.

BTW, notification light will never happen. A Moto X style active display or Lumia style Glance feature is more probable. And with an iWatch, the notification alerts on phones becomes even less needed.

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
OK everyone in this topic had no clue what I meant by my post!

those were just things I heard throughout this board in the last year, I actually don't care about most to all of those

TC asked what "people want most" so I shot out a few off the top of my head that I remember seeing around the board.

comprehension is not strong in this thread

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
-Notification light
(emphasis mine)

Notification light has existed for some time.

Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> LED Flash for Alerts
That's (most likely) not was meant by notification light. Many other manufacturers produce devices with external notification lights that can indicate various things: missed call, new message/voicemail/email, etc. to eliminate the need to interact with the phone and turn on the screen just to check if anything was missed or waiting reply. I would imagine that's what the eclipse01 was referring to.

TheGrandMoff

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2014
Utah
Size

Feature I would love? A 4" iPhone 6.

While I understand all of the reasons for a larger screen, I don't really want it.
I'm sure there are other people who would agree with me.
Oh well, guess I'll buy a 5s.

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Feature I would love? A 4" iPhone 6.

While I understand all of the reasons for a larger screen, I don't really want it.
I'm sure there are other people who would agree with me.
Oh well, guess I'll buy a 5s.
I agree with you, but will take a 4.7 or whatever if it comes to that...

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
Curiously nobody responded to my original post. I was simply pointing out that there's a difference between what people expect to get from the iPhone 6, and what it will feature. Most people care about a more scratch resistant screen. Few care about the other features. According to Kuo however, the scratch resistant screen won't come.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Curiously nobody responded to my original post. I was simply pointing out that there's a difference between what people expect to get from the iPhone 6, and what it will feature. Most people care about a more scratch resistant screen. Few care about the other features. According to Kuo however, the scratch resistant screen won't come.
I'm not really sure that's true.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Your original post only vaguely showed solicitation of a response and used a really crappy third-hand survey against a speculative rumor.

Obviously forum-goers are more interested in discussing other things and disagree with the premise that the sapphire screen is the most desired feature.

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
I was excited for the sapphire. Battery life is excellent on my 5s so thinner and keeping the same battery life is awesome if that happens.