The Iphone rumours just look like 4S but larger screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Jul 26, 2012.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

They just look like a 4S but slightly longer, a cheap bit of mental stuck on the back and a cheap looking dock connector.

Why not just do a full redesign? For a start it should be a slimmer Iphone closer to the Ipod touch range.

2. Stalyn macrumors regular

That is just ''your opinion''. Don't like or, don't get it.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

What does mental look like?

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Thanks for this refreshing new angle on the next gen iPhone leaks. You have given me a lot to think about! :cool:

5. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Why a full redesign? Because you're "bored" with it? A full redesign means to be warranted; it would mean the current design sucks. And last I checked, the iPhone 4/4S design is still amazing (granted, I hate the unnecessary glass back).

You have to realize, at some point, there won't be full redesigns as there will be little left to 'redesign' (especially for a company that wants truly minimalistic designs).

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It doesn't matter what the rumors say. No one knows what it will look like. Just wait and see.

7. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

All these rumored pictures of a new designed larger iPhone, but still is the same outdated and boring iOS. Who cares if it is thinner, and 4" screen, and the phone itself looks really cool, but the OS itself is still a home screen with the app drawer left open :rolleyes:

They need to redo iOS and have a new phone design to be truly fresh and new again. The same icons from 2007 :rolleyes: The same Fischer Price toy theme throughout the iOS :rolleyes: How about have the weather app icon, truly show today's weather, instead of 73 and sunny, even if it is Winter time.

I have to give Microsoft some credit for trying to be fresh and original with their Flipboard style OS, at least it's something new. Or The Android Nexus series being totally brand new and completely different each year. But the iPhone OS, overall still looks and feels like it is from 2007.

8. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Really?...

9. Rennir macrumors 6502

I don't agree with the first portion. Does that mean the 3G/3GS design sucked?

10. MJD Dawg macrumors 6502

Junction of the Pacific, Juan de Fuca & NA Plates
    But the new Long Phone will have 6 rows of those icons now!!!

11. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

If you look at the pictures... It is a full redesign... What do you want them to do, make it 2 inches think and an oval shape?

If you don't like it, don't purchase it.

12. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted

OP, you've just described a redesign.

I don't need it to he "fresh". I'm not using my phone as a deodorant stick. I just need it to work well, regardless of brand.

13. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Negative. The device in the rumor pictures is the same basic design.

----------

Just because YOU don't think it sucks, doesn't mean others feel the same way.

Flat back, flat sides, creating a brick shaped device..composed mostly of fragile glass....not ideal for a hand held device. I prefer something more ergonomic and more durable.

Does it look good? Sure, have never argued otherwise. Ergonomics and durability take priority for me on a daily used handheld device.

14. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

They're just rumors, they don't in any reflect the final product that will be launched by Apple. Lets just hope Apple makes the phone wider too otherwise it'd just add a row of icons and looks odd.

15. mackinmike macrumors 6502

16. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

Does it really surprise you that a rumor that someone baked on 90% speculation would resemble the product already made with some slight alterations? The people mocking the up only have the current generation to model after.

17. RyanF macrumors newbie

Why are you judging a phone that isnt even released? Rumors are rumors. Just wait.

18. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

You know what I want to know? I wanna know exactly WHAT all these people constantly whining about apple not redesigning the iPhone want it to look like?

If they made it look like a damn ninja star with a 4.3 inch screen in the middle, people would be whining and crying that it looks like a ninja star.

Have you SEEN what all the other phones out there look like? SHOCKINGLY SIMILAR! Why? Because they're all just touchscreen slabs.
    What else are you supposed to do with it?

19. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Erm.. it actually is supposed to be slimmer. If you want to talk about rumours, at least make sure that you got your rumour-facts straight. And what do you call a full redesign? Do you realize that from the front, screen off, almost all smartphones look like 'welcome to 2007'?

----------

They want a 4.8" screen and it must be 4mm thin. And it sounds like some on here wouldn't mind its case being studded with glass diamonds as well, with a free pink bumper.

20. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

I'd buy it.

21. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

So, you just want redesign for redesign-sake? I'd rather a company have direction and not constantly try to "redo" their device because people are bored. It should come naturally.

That's true. But based on leaked parts, apparently Apple doesn't feel the iPhone 4 design sucks.

I dislike the glass on the back & am glad they are changing that to a metal material.

22. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Takes a lot of ingenuity to completely rebuild the iPhone from the ground up and have it come out looking almost exactly like a two year old iPhone 4. That's hard to pull off and would probably spell disaster for a smaller company.

The iPhone, though, has become the Rolex of cell phones and will sell regardless.

----------

2006 actually.

[​IMG]

23. 7DSniper macrumors regular

I'm curious as to what mental looks like as well?

24. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Some of you guys expect Apple to do a complete design overhaul to the point where it's not an iPhone anymore. I want an upgraded iPhone, not a design completely differ. If I wanted something else, I would get something other than an iPhone.

So far I like the longer screen rumor pics. 80% of my usage is in portrait anyways. Although I wouldn't be against slightly wider too.

25. elykoj macrumors regular

Remember before 4s was released ?

All these websites were showing a total redesign for this new iPhone 5 coming out and then Apple released the 4s. It was same look of the 4. So who really knows what this new iphone will avtually look like. Apple could be planting these pictures and these misconceptions:confused: